PDA

View Full Version : it seems as though LA fans hate KW too

pearso66
12-17-2003, 01:34 PM
http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-dodgers&msg=18096.1&ctx=0

This is just one of the many threads that seem to be dedicated to how much they hate KW

bennyw41
12-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Screw um.

I personally don't give a crap about what LA thinks about this deal. The bottom line is KW made the deal, and they're jealous, I think he has shown some shrewdness, and we should all apreciate it.

BTW-Keep Nomar, and sign him, he's worth it.

tc1959
12-17-2003, 01:44 PM
Just read comments on Dodgers' forum. They must all have been written by one person only. Next time try to hide your identity better Dan Evans.

MisterB
12-17-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by pearso66
http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-dodgers&msg=18096.1&ctx=0

This is just one of the many threads that seem to be dedicated to how much they hate KW

What are they so pissed as KW for? It's not like he dealt Hundley to them or anything....

Frank the Tank
12-17-2003, 01:54 PM
Wouldn't it be better for the Sox if the LA fans hated KW? I mean, if they were applauding him, wouldn't it be because they screwed us over?

pearso66
12-17-2003, 01:57 PM
it seems as though they hate evans also, but because KW is trying to "screw" them, they hate him more. Now I may be one of the few KW supporters, I've personally liked some of his deals. If he can get Mota, perez, and 1-2 top notch guys for nomar, we might as well do it, unless of course we can resign nomar to a 3-4 year deal

34 Inch Stick
12-17-2003, 03:07 PM
I don't know why you say they hate him too. Do White Sox fans hate him? Personally I have been on Kenny's side since the Colon acquisition.

He is not a great GM yet, but the signs are all pointing up in Kenny's development.

fquaye149
12-17-2003, 03:09 PM
^if kw gets the price of nomar jacked up i'm glad dodgers fans hate kw

soxtalker
12-17-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I don't know why you say they hate him too. Do White Sox fans hate him? Personally I have been on Kenny's side since the Colon acquisition.

He is not a great GM yet, but the signs are all pointing up in Kenny's development.

I have to agree. There's a lot of sentiment being expressed today, but it seems to range from ecstasy to despair for the various the many possible variations of trade.

I was not at all happy with KW in his first couple of years, but he appears to have been learning from those early mistakes. The Colon was not simple. And, while I hate giving up almost any minor league talent (personal preference not shared by many on this board), I have to admit that the trades this past summer were quite clever. The trades rumored today fall into the same class.

fledgedrallycap
12-17-2003, 03:49 PM
Cry me an f'n river

DirtySouthsider
12-17-2003, 03:52 PM
Hey....it's ok if we talk bad about KW....but who are they to open thier mouths?

It's just funny because they know they're about to get screwd!! :D:

soxtalker
12-17-2003, 04:14 PM
I read through the LA website string again. Interesting that they think that KW will be left "twisting in the wind" if the Dodgers don't come along to make the follow-up deal.

I have a few friends who are Dodger fans, and I can't say that they've ever given me much grief. However, it is a little hard for me to care a lot about what LA fans think when they've had so many WS appearances. Different experience entirely.

thecell
12-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

I agree with you 34 incher. KW has shown that he is developing pretty good and that he can be creative in the deals he makes. Yeah, some haven't worked out, but the will to win is there on his part. Now if Uncky Jerry would open up his wallet...