PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

FoulkeFan
12-17-2003, 11:12 AM
Why can't we sign Maggs past next year? I'm tired of the poor mouth, we can't spend because the fans don't come crap. And I'm really tired of only having good players until they become free agents. I agree with Sean McAdams on the winners & losers at the winter meetings, with the Sox as losers obviously:

"Sure, they locked up Mark Buehrle for four years, but this is a franchise running in place -- at best."

Sell, Jerry, sell.

dickallen15
12-17-2003, 11:16 AM
I think its a little premature to name winners and losers from the Winter Meetings. Not all deals discussed there are done. The season doesn't start for 3.5 months. If this trade goes through and the White Sox are able to spin Nomar off to LA for a bigger package of players than they would have received for Magglio alone at the Winter Meetings, then I am glad they were winter meetings losers.

kittle42
12-17-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by FoulkeFan
Why can't we sign Maggs past next year? I'm tired of the poor mouth, we can't spend because the fans don't come crap.

Yeah, we're all tired of it, but it won't change.

Viva Magglio
12-17-2003, 12:08 PM
:selljerry

Then, we can be a real team.

The Big Squirt
12-17-2003, 12:36 PM
Sox tried...but Maggs and his agent want to test the waters next year...they aren't even talking contract with the Sox anymore

kittle42
12-17-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by The Big Squirt
Sox tried...but Maggs and his agent want to test the waters next year...they aren't even talking contract with the Sox anymore

That's probably because the Sox offered him the longest contract in franchise history, a 10-year deal worth $130 million, but $129 million of that was to be deferred.