PDA

View Full Version : The Trib Has Maggs Going to LA For Pitching

hold2dibber
12-17-2003, 07:32 AM
This morning's Tribune (link (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-031216soxordonezaroddeal,1,4077381.story?coll=cs-home-headlines) for those who are registered) reports that the Sox may be a player in the Ramirez/Rodriquez deal by sending Maggs to Boston, which would then send Nomar to the Dodgers, with the Dodgers sending Odalis Perez, Guillermo Mota, and stud pitching prospect Greg Miller to the Sox (with Scott Williamson also possibly coming to Chicago from Boston). Sounds like there are a lot of possible combinations floating around out there. Who knows which (if any) will come to fruition.

cornball
12-17-2003, 07:56 AM
You have to say, the Sox do not have any leakers. Noone in the press has a true reading on the Sox. They do not tip their hand.

Nick@Nite
12-17-2003, 08:01 AM
Too bad the Sox can't simply trade PK to LA for stud pitching prospect Greg Miller and spare parts (Odalis Perez & Guillermo Mota)... enabling us to keep Maggs, dump PK, and strengthen the Sox pitching corps.

Yes, I'm dreaming.

mike squires
12-17-2003, 08:23 AM
If Maggs has to go, I'd rather it be for Nomar. THe idea for Maggs being traded for medicore pitching at best makes me nervous. And you know the Whitesox and their history with so called pitching prospects. Maggs, I'm gonna miss ya.