PDA

View Full Version : Sox play Yankee Stadium Opener April 8th

pudge
12-16-2003, 07:40 PM
This may have already been posted somewhere, but Yankees have announced they will open with the Sox in a four-game series:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1687811

I'd rather get those Yankee games off the schedule early on this time - maybe it will inspire us to win games in April, as opposed to a schedule loaded with KC and Det.

Foulke You
12-16-2003, 07:56 PM
We usually play well against the Yankees. The NY crowd will be jacked up for opening day as well. Should be an exciting series. Glad to play NY early in the year for a change. I was sick of the September meetings.

Lip Man 1
12-17-2003, 01:44 AM
I don't think it's a good idea opening the season with six on the road at KC and NY, especially with Ozzie learning the ropes.

Do you really want to start the year 2-4?

Lip

pudge
12-17-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I don't think it's a good idea opening the season with six on the road at KC and NY, especially with Ozzie learning the ropes.

Do you really want to start the year 2-4?

Lip

Well, starting 2-4 against KC and NY is different than starting 2-4 against KC and Det., which seems to be our April habit...

LASOXFAN
12-17-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by pudge
Well, starting 2-4 against KC and NY is different than starting 2-4 against KC and Det., which seems to be our April habit...

good point! although the way things are going this winter, a 2-4 start against anyone might be a good thing.

Nick@Nite
12-17-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by pudge

Originally posted by LASOXFAN
good point! although the way things are going this winter, a 2-4 start against anyone might be a good thing.

True and true... in fact, I'll be happier than a hog in slop if we split first 6-games... 3-3 to start the season = playoffs?

Baby Fisk
12-17-2003, 09:46 AM
The complete 2004 schedule is now available at whitesox.com.

8 of the last 11 games are against KC.