PDA

View Full Version : Valentin for Garcia


Dub25
12-16-2003, 12:55 PM
Another rumor has Valentin to Seattle for Garcia.

Dub25
12-16-2003, 12:57 PM
Sorry, I thought I had the link. It's in today's Daily Southtown. I'm working on it.

Dub25
12-16-2003, 12:59 PM
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/162sd1.htm

hold2dibber
12-16-2003, 01:05 PM
According to ESPN.com, the Mariners are on the cusp of trading Jose Guillen for Omar Vizquel (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1687504) . Why would they deal for Jose, too? Doesn't add up - I doubt the Jose to Seattle rumor. With that said, I wouldn't be adverse to dealing Valentin for Garcia - if it weren't for the fact that the Sox don't have an adequate plan B for SS.

Frank the Tank
12-16-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Dub25
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/162sd1.htm

Another article describing KW's slow-motion approach in the Free Agent market hunt. I'm getting really sick of KW trying to get the media to believe our team is the '27 Yankees and that we don't really need to make any trades.

duke of dorwood
12-16-2003, 01:13 PM
He may as well wear a clown suit to the Winter Meetings

Dub25
12-16-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
According to ESPN.com, the Mariners are on the cusp of trading Jose Guillen for Omar Vizquel (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1687504) . Why would they deal for Jose, too? Doesn't add up - I doubt the Jose to Seattle rumor. With that said, I wouldn't be adverse to dealing Valentin for Garcia - if it weren't for the fact that the Sox don't have an adequate plan B for SS.

That's why I didn't bother with comments other than what I simply put.

MHOUSE
12-16-2003, 04:33 PM
Jose for Garcia? Oh gosh please do it Kenny.....

MRKARNO
12-16-2003, 04:36 PM
With the Vizquel for Guillen SS swap, this isnt happening probably

BeerHandle
12-16-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
With the Vizquel for Guillen SS swap, this isnt happening probably

I would consider this another rumor that will not happen! Everything we have been reading about potential Sox moves have all been duds!

BeerHandle
12-16-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
With the Vizquel for Guillen SS swap, this isnt happening probably

Just another rumor that won't happen. Will any rumors work out for the Sox?

SoxOnTop
12-16-2003, 10:00 PM
With the Vizquel - Guillen deal off, is there a possibility that the M's will hunt for Manos? I'm sure they'll get into the Nomaaaaaa sweepstakes.

soxtalker
12-17-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
Another article describing KW's slow-motion approach in the Free Agent market hunt. I'm getting really sick of KW trying to get the media to believe our team is the '27 Yankees and that we don't really need to make any trades.

You probably aren't going to get any information from the Sox camp, and the result is rather bland statements appearing in the press. That doesn't mean that KW isn't doing things behind the scenes.

That article also pointed out that there is another deadline coming at the end of the week which should place more players in the FA category and, thus, lower their price.