PDA

View Full Version : Latest News on Nomar/Magglio Deal

otis
12-16-2003, 01:08 PM
I talked to my Boston source briefly who happens to be very busy these days. As I pressed him for info, he said "Why are you going to put this on a message board?" I never posted before a couple weeks ago because I usually only get fringe Red Sox information which isn't important to most. He knows that I am a Wsox & Nomar fan, so I am getting more info than usual. I asked him why the WSox haven't been linked to any rumors involving Nomar and he said that KW and the WSox organization do a good job of keeping quiet. He also said that Boston is trying to keep the pursuit of Magglio quiet because they don't want the Yankees upping an offer for Ordonez and the only leaking of Nomar trade discussions came from the Dodger organization.

Don't forget that I was one of the first to state that Manny for Arod would happen.

Here is what is happening:

1. The Manny/Arod deal will happen. Boston may need to overpay for Arod because of the Nomar fiasco. The Dodgers or the White Sox could be a third team involved in this trade.
2. They will trade Nomar and receiving Maggs in return is their first choice; however, due to circumstances KW has a lot of work to do to consumate a trade.
3. KW could trade Magglio and some prospects for Nomar and Johnny Damon today, but he is unwilling to take on additional salary. He is trying to be creative in ways to dump salary (Konerko) to make this deal happen. Boston will move Damon's contract if they get Arod. The addition of Jose Valentin to Boston and a pitching prospect to Texas could get this done.
4. Peter Angelos & Keith Foulke have made things very difficult for KW. Baltimore's signing of Tejada has inflated Nomar's price. KW initially wanted to sign Nomar to a contract extension before making a trade. Nomar's new price could prevent this trade from happening. Foulke's signing with Boston eliminated Koch as an option for the Red Sox and they do not want Konerko.
5. Boston is hoping that the rivalry between KW and Dan Evans drives up the price for Nomar.
6. Most interesting of all is that my source thinks that the Sox may have agreed on a minor leaguer to trade to the Expos for Carl Everett if this all goes down.

I will keep posting as I hear info.

Palehose13
12-16-2003, 01:13 PM
Otis-

I love it when you post. It brings my hopes up. :)

Mots09
12-16-2003, 01:14 PM
Please keep us updated.

ozzman
12-16-2003, 01:18 PM
I really hope we get everett back. especially at the price of his contract that he just signed

Foulke You
12-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the update Otis. Ugh, if this is true and we are passing up two all stars in Damon AND Nomar straight up for Maggs just because KW has to be "creative" (i.e. cheap) with payroll, that is ridiculous.

Although, I was encouraged to see that KW wanted to make sure he could sign Nomar to a long term deal before bringing him here. I don't want any rent-a-Nomar. If we got him, I'd want him to stay a while.

dougs78
12-16-2003, 01:42 PM
very interesting stuff. Thanks for the info!

DirtySouthsider
12-16-2003, 01:46 PM
Great post...I believe what you are saying....otherwise you have one hell of an imagination!!!

Brian26
12-16-2003, 01:46 PM
It could be total BS, but it was a hell of an entertaing read. Great nugget at the end there about the Sox trying to get Crazy Carl back from the Expos after he just signed for less money. Interesting stuff.

34 Inch Stick
12-16-2003, 01:48 PM
Our friend in Florida said that if you move against the Rizzoto brothers he would not stand in the way.

Hangar18
12-16-2003, 01:54 PM
(in my best Blues man voice)
My man Otis, that was very interesting to say the least.
Thanks. I know that sometimes things never do get consummated, but you know these scenarios have probably all played out at some point in the last couple of weeks. IMAGINE THIS IF YOU WILL. Imagine if the SOX werent so worried about Payroll ..................... A Number of Good Things couldve happened involving the SOX. INstead were reduced to Vultures
waiting outside the Yankees and RedSox trash bin, hoping something Tasty gets thrown out for us to eat

SoxRulecubsdrool
12-16-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Our friend in Florida said that if you move against the Rizzoto brothers he would not stand in the way.

Hyman Roth tried to have me killed!
:gulp:

Bobby Thigpen
12-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Getting Nomar, Damon, and Jurassic back for essentially Maggs and Jose with prospects sounds like a super deal to me. If you could throw in the trading of PK (which would be more likely to happen if the Sox got Nomar) for a pitcher and you would have an extremely solid team. Sign Ponson on top of all that and your talking a great team. When this all goes through you lineup could possibly look like this:

Cf- Damon
SS- Nomar
1b/Dh- Frank
Rf- Everett
Lf- Carlos
3b- Crede
1b/Dh- Gload/ someone else?
C- Olivo
2b- Willie

with a rotation of

Loaiza
Buehrle
Ponson
Perez
Garland

Sounds like a heck of a team to me

duke of dorwood
12-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Creative? Make the trade, then trade Damon. Next case

Hangar18
12-16-2003, 02:11 PM
Hey Thiggy, thats a nice lineup ........
I think Im going to write to Santa and see if he can make
this happen ...........

voodoochile
12-16-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Creative? Make the trade, then trade Damon. Next case

Or find a way to dump Konerko or Koch and keep the CF/LOH we desperately need...

Or, here's a thought, up the f'n payroll by the necessary amount to keep him then up the offer to Ponson to make sure he lands here.

Randar68
12-16-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Or find a way to dump Konerko or Koch and keep the CF/LOH we desperately need...

Or, here's a thought, up the f'n payroll by the necessary amount to keep him then up the offer to Ponson to make sure he lands here.

Ding Ding on both suggestions.

TheRockinMT
12-16-2003, 02:19 PM
Fun to read posts like this, but I would be extremely skeptical. The idea of Kenny Williams being in the middle of a blockbuster with side trades sounds like something Kenny would try and do, but I stop right there when we are rumored to be getting Everett back from Montreal for a minor league player. The illusion ends there...

Iwritecode
12-16-2003, 02:21 PM

Who says there's too much negativity around here?

voodoochile
12-16-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by TheRockinMT
Fun to read posts like this, but I would be extremely skeptical. The idea of Kenny Williams being in the middle of a blockbuster with side trades sounds like something Kenny would try and do, but I stop right there when we are rumored to be getting Everett back from Montreal for a minor league player. The illusion ends there...

Maybe that isn't as far fetched as it sounds. Montreal was a player in the Colon trade and it wouldn't be too incredible to believe that MLB is allowing teams to use the Expos as a dumping ground to some extent. They can always write off any loss the team incurs and use it as a tax break...

Win1ForMe
12-16-2003, 02:31 PM
The Everett trade proposal was one of the things I thought about yesterday. Not that I expected such a move because I didn't even know if a trade was possible (in the NBA, free agent players who sign with a new team can't get dealt until Dec. 15, for example).

I couldn't understand why anyone would want to play for Montreal and also didn't know why the Sox wouldn't just sign Everett to $7M for 2 years (seems pretty affordable). When the DRays got Cruz, Carl probably lost his most obvious suitor and bargaining power. Had the Cruz deal happened before the arbitration deadline, I would assume Carl would be with Sox.

MRKARNO
12-16-2003, 02:38 PM
I'd be willing to bet that the sox didnt think that they could possibly resign everett at that price, so maybe they had a deal worked out with the Expos where they'd sign and trade him back.

I think this info is good, but I also think the GMs do a lot more talking than action so while this may be discussed, it probably wont turn into reality. But it seems like KW is on the verge of pulling off a bunch of big moves.

Tekijawa
12-16-2003, 03:01 PM
Isn't Reinsdorf the head Owner in charge of the Expos? or something to that effect?

Baseball is one shady sport............ god I love it!

jabrch
12-16-2003, 03:07 PM
First, I'd love to see it! No doubt, that would be awesome.

Ok, that said, i have a question. Doesn't Montreal have to wait until May to trade Carl? I thought that there was some time before he can be traded? I would love to see him back with the Sox, if we move Maggs.

I hope Kenny is smarter than most of us give him credit for. (I hope so, but I doubt it.)

MRKARNO
12-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
First, I'd love to see it! No doubt, that would be awesome.

Ok, that said, i have a question. Doesn't Montreal have to wait until May to trade Carl? I thought that there was some time before he can be traded? I would love to see him back with the Sox, if we move Maggs.

I hope Kenny is smarter than most of us give him credit for. (I hope so, but I doubt it.)

No. We can't talk contracts with him till may, but we can certainly acquire him.

mike squires
12-16-2003, 03:21 PM
Hasn't Nomar been in the league long enough to veto this trade? Why would he have any interest playing for the Sox?

jabrch
12-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
Hasn't Nomar been in the league long enough to veto this trade? Why would he have any interest playing for the Sox?

nope - Nomar only has 7 years MLB experience. Unless he has a no-trade clause in his contract, he can be traded.

MRKARNO
12-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by mike squires

Yes he can veto it as he has been with the bosox more than 5 years (or am I getting the 10/5 rule wrong?). He would have interest in playing here because it's still Chicago, but I really think he's more likely to show up in LA.

BlackSox
12-16-2003, 03:28 PM
The "5 and 10 rule" means ten years of major league experience, the last 5 with the same team.

jabrch
12-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Yes he can veto it as he has been with the bosox more than 5 years (or am I getting the 10/5 rule wrong?). He would have interest in playing here because it's still Chicago, but I really think he's more likely to show up in LA.

You have half of the 10/5 rule. It is called the 10 AND 5 rule because you need both 10 years in MLB and 5 with your current club. Nomar has 7 or 8 years in MLB, all with Boston. Unless his last contract had a no trade clause, he is not protected by 10/5.

wulfy
12-16-2003, 03:32 PM
The 5 & 10 rule means that a player has been with the same team for 5 years and been in the majors a total of 10. Both conditions need to be satisfied for the player to have trade veto.

MRKARNO
12-16-2003, 03:35 PM
troubling about nomar:

Fenway:
G AB R H DO TR HR RBI BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG TB
79 329 73 118 29 6 18 68 23 23 11 3 .403 .647 .359 213

Everywhere else:
77 329 47 80 8 7 10 37 16 38 8 2 .286 .401 .243 132

1.050 OPS at fenway
.687 away.

Yikes

StepsInSC
12-16-2003, 03:38 PM
Whether or not it happens its fun to imagine it. I guess thats the joy we're limited to as Sox fans.

npdempse
12-16-2003, 03:39 PM
troubling about nomar:

Fenway:

Everywhere else:

1.050 OPS at fenway
.687 away.

Yikes

But is that the effect of the park or the effect of playing at home?

Also, dig this--
Comiskey Park
G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
29 110 20 33 5 1 5 16 7 15 0 0 .300 .336 .500 .836

jabrch
12-16-2003, 03:40 PM
I saw those splits. I wonder what that is all about? I know Fenway is a hitters park, but most hitters don't have splits like that.

The trouble with Nomar and signing him for longer term, is that he will want (rightfully so) more than Tejada (6/72). I don't see JR committing to a 6 year deal. I can see giving Nomar 12-13mm, but not over 6 years. (now deferr it 6 years and you have a whole new story! :) )

jabrch
12-16-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
But is that the effect of the park or the effect of playing at home?

Also, dig this--
Comiskey Park
G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
29 110 20 33 5 1 5 16 7 15 0 0 .300 .336 .500 .836

Using your own logic, is that the effect of playing at Comiskey, or of getting to hit against Sox pitching?

:jaime

hold2dibber
12-16-2003, 03:44 PM
troubling about nomar:

Fenway:

Everywhere else:

1.050 OPS at fenway
.687 away.

Yikes

May have just been an aberration. His home/away splits were pretty similar in 2002:

HR: home - 10, away 14
OPS: home - .884, away - .876

MRKARNO
12-16-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
May have just been an aberration. His home/away splits were pretty similar in 2002:

HR: home - 10, away 14
OPS: home - .884, away - .876

This reassures me. But if one year can be an aberration, then why do we want to give up on PK?

jabrch
12-16-2003, 03:49 PM
This reassures me. But if one year can be an aberration, then why do we want to give up on PK?

Cuz PK has really only had 1/2 of a good year - rather than having only bad road/home splits one year. There is a big difference.

Also, PK makes 8.5mm for a 1B. Nomar is a gold glove calibre SS.

minastirith67
12-16-2003, 03:59 PM
Cuz PK has really only had 1/2 of a good year - rather than having only bad road/home splits one year. There is a big difference.

Also, PK makes 8.5mm for a 1B. Nomar is a gold glove calibre SS.

I agree. I don't trust Konerko anymore, actually never have despite his great half a couple years ago. If any of these options are realized than I feel the Sox will have improved their situation significantly. Maybe we can create some Nomar chants instead of chanting the oh ee oh Magglio ones...

MRKARNO
12-16-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by minastirith67
I agree. I don't trust Konerko anymore, actually never have despite his great half a couple years ago. If any of these options are realized than I feel the Sox will have improved their situation significantly. Maybe we can create some Nomar chants instead of chanting the oh ee oh Magglio ones...

The White Sox Marketing department is pretty clever and will think of something with Nancy Faust.

They made a chant for Magglio Ordonez and made it very popular! There'd be one

npdempse
12-16-2003, 04:08 PM
Using your own logic, is that the effect of playing at Comiskey, or of getting to hit against Sox pitching?

That's not my own logic, but it's logical.

By my logic, Comiskey already feels like home to Nomar. :D:

lowesox
12-16-2003, 04:08 PM
Threads like this are why I keep coming back to WSI. Lets hope this one goes through. Nomar is a legit superstar. In fact, you could argue that he is right there with Maggs. What I love about Nomar is that he seems to be a pure gamer - and while I love Maggs, I don't know if you could say the same about him. Damon is fierce too. I think this trade makes us really good especially if we can get Ponson through free agency and if we can sign Juan Gon (I like Everett but I think Gonzalez could be an even better pickup.)

A lot of if's and lets face it the sox never seem to come through on ifs.

Foulke You
12-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Threads like this are why I keep coming back to WSI. Lets hope this one goes through. Nomar is a legit superstar. In fact, you could argue that he is right there with Maggs. What I love about Nomar is that he seems to be a pure gamer - and while I love Maggs, I don't know if you could say the same about him. Damon is fierce too. I think this trade makes us really good especially if we can get Ponson through free agency and if we can sign Juan Gon (I like Everett but I think Gonzalez could be an even better pickup.)

A lot of if's and lets face it the sox never seem to come through on ifs.

Nomar is also a magnetic personality and I believe South Siders would take to him immediately. He is a legit superstar as you said but is also a great person from what I've read. Someone who is genuine and not manufactured like Sammy Sosa. I hope KW finds a way to get him and Damon here.

davenicholson
12-16-2003, 04:44 PM
The White Sox Marketing department is pretty clever and will think of something with Nancy Faust.

They made a chant for Magglio Ordonez and made it very popular! There'd be one
I vote for "No More, No More", by Aerosmith. Hey, it's no more lame than oh-e-oh, Maglio! :smile:

BlackSox
12-16-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by davenicholson
I vote for "No More, No More", by Aerosmith. Hey, it's no more lame than oh-e-oh, Maglio! :smile:

Sweet tune.

seventytwo
12-16-2003, 05:24 PM
Others have alluded to this, but I'm pretty sure that Everett can't be traded until June or July because he just signed a FA contract.

Or maybe he can't be traded without his consent until then?

Why don't one of you lawerly types read the CBA real quick and let us know.

soxwon
12-16-2003, 05:31 PM
NOMARO-GARCIA PARAAAAAA
as a chant like ole oh

Chisoxfn
12-16-2003, 05:37 PM

Thats why the sox deal Jose Valentin for Randy Wynn...just wait...its gonna happen.

hold2dibber
12-16-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Thats why the sox deal Jose Valentin for Randy Wynn...just wait...its gonna happen.

You mean it will happen if the Sox trade Maggs for Nomar, or you think it will happen regardless? Because if the Sox trade Jose with the intention of letting Uribe start at SS everyday, I'll lose my lunch.

Chisoxfn
12-16-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
You mean it will happen if the Sox trade Maggs for Nomar, or you think it will happen regardless? Because if the Sox trade Jose with the intention of letting Uribe start at SS everyday, I'll lose my lunch.

I think all of those things will happen in a few day period. Thats if they get Maggs, either way Jose is gonna be gone, imo. Aurilla is still out there, which isn't a horrible option. Or the Sox could pick up a 2nd baseman like Brian Roberts (Orioles) who is supposedly on the block. And then you have a solid 2nd baseman and a stud defensive shortstop.

I have no idea how realistic it is to expect Nomar, unless the Sox are willing to use him as one of those guys that JR is willing to reach out and spend the money on, above and beyond the already limited payroll.

FarmerAndy
12-16-2003, 06:00 PM
Damon: $8 Million in 2004
Nomar: $11.5 Million in 2004

Total: $19.5 Million

Maggs: $14 Million in 2004

Kenny would still have to dump some big contracts, if the Sox are sticking to their current business plan. He couldn't do this deal unless he knew for sure that he'd be able to unload the likes of Konerko, and I'm not sure sure we can.

This deal is a pipe dream.

Chisoxfn
12-16-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
Damon: $8 Million in 2004
Nomar: $11.5 Million in 2004

Total: $19.5 Million

Maggs: $14 Million in 2004

Kenny would still have to dump some big contracts, if the Sox are sticking to their current business plan. He couldn't do this deal unless he knew for sure that he'd be able to unload the likes of Konerko, and I'm not sure sure we can.

This deal is a pipe dream.

Agreed...they could then possibly spin Konerko to the Dodgers and work into the Maggs/Nomar deal that since they are taking on money that the Red Sox have to take on Koch.

With Magglio and Nomar off the market, you'd have to think the Dodgers would bite on some type of Paul Konerko deal...adding a starter. Thats what has me a bit miffed, where do the starting pitchers come from?

I'd still say Johnny Damon would have to be going somewhere else for pitching as well and the Sox would then look to acquire a cheaper leadoff hitter (I'd personally rather have Randy Wynn, who is rumored to be available).

Maybe deal Damon to Seattle for Freddy Garcia and Randy Wynn...and then deal Konerko and Jose to the Dodgers for Odalis Perez...not gonna say Itzuris too, but if they could do it...well then hell ya.

Sox get Nomar, Perez, Garcia, and Randy Wynn (Total of 27 mill; if Garcia and Perez each make 6 mill). Sox give up Magglio, Konerko, Koch (29 mill). They end up saving 2 million although they are left with a need for a new right fielder as well as a first baseman.

Ah heck, I dunno.

Paulwny
12-16-2003, 06:10 PM
According to Newsday, Nomar doesn't have a no-trade clause.

Jeter has the security of a long- term contract and a no-trade clause, and Garciaparra has neither. He is eligible for free agency following the 2004 season, and he has nothing to protect him from getting dealt today.

http://www.nynewsday.com/sports/baseball/ny-ken073574378dec07,0,6614500.story?coll=ny-baseball-headlines

ndgt10
12-16-2003, 06:19 PM
Kevin Millar, the Red sox first baseman, was just on ESPN and when asked who would be throwing him the ball from shortstop next year, he responded Alex Rodriguez.

With that deal seemingly being on the verge of completion, Kenny needs to close in on Nomar fast.

Frater Perdurabo
12-16-2003, 06:31 PM
IF KW pulls off such a complex trade, especially if they can get Everett back from Montreal to plug the hole in RF to buy more time for Reed and Borchard, and sends Konerko to LA, then he deserves 2004 Executive of the Year.

dickallen15
12-16-2003, 06:39 PM
I don't think Ordonez is involved in this complex trade in any way, shape, or form. I believe the White Sox have had zero discussions about Nomar, or Damon. The White Sox may trade for Williamson, but any other part of this rumor, at least from Chicago's perspective, I believe is false.

SoxOnTop
12-16-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by TheRockinMT

I would do this in a second and then move C-Lee to LA for Pitching...

SD Scott 7
12-16-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by otis
I talked to my Boston source briefly who happens to be very busy these days. As I pressed him for info, he said "Why are you going to put this on a message board?" I never posted before a couple weeks ago because I usually only get fringe Red Sox information which isn't important to most. He knows that I am a Wsox & Nomar fan, so I am getting more info than usual. I asked him why the WSox haven't been linked to any rumors involving Nomar and he said that KW and the WSox organization do a good job of keeping quiet. He also said that Boston is trying to keep the pursuit of Magglio quiet because they don't want the Yankees upping an offer for Ordonez and the only leaking of Nomar trade discussions came from the Dodger organization.

Don't forget that I was one of the first to state that Manny for Arod would happen.

Here is what is happening:

1. The Manny/Arod deal will happen. Boston may need to overpay for Arod because of the Nomar fiasco. The Dodgers or the White Sox could be a third team involved in this trade.
2. They will trade Nomar and receiving Maggs in return is their first choice; however, due to circumstances KW has a lot of work to do to consumate a trade.
3. KW could trade Magglio and some prospects for Nomar and Johnny Damon today, but he is unwilling to take on additional salary. He is trying to be creative in ways to dump salary (Konerko) to make this deal happen. Boston will move Damon's contract if they get Arod. The addition of Jose Valentin to Boston and a pitching prospect to Texas could get this done.
4. Peter Angelos & Keith Foulke have made things very difficult for KW. Baltimore's signing of Tejada has inflated Nomar's price. KW initially wanted to sign Nomar to a contract extension before making a trade. Nomar's new price could prevent this trade from happening. Foulke's signing with Boston eliminated Koch as an option for the Red Sox and they do not want Konerko.
5. Boston is hoping that the rivalry between KW and Dan Evans drives up the price for Nomar.
6. Most interesting of all is that my source thinks that the Sox may have agreed on a minor leaguer to trade to the Expos for Carl Everett if this all goes down.

I will keep posting as I hear info.

Thanks! Keep us posted please.

jordan23ventura
12-16-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by SoxOnTop

I would do this in a second and then move C-Lee to LA for Pitching...

If you're thinking Lee for Perez you are cutting Carlos way short. I think that the only reason that Caballo hasn't been in a lot of trade rumors is because he is the untouchable right now. Lee is going nowhere.

john2499
12-16-2003, 07:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1687

Though it would appear the Red Sox are giving up an awful lot for A-Rod. ESPN does not mention the White Sox anywhere in this article.

Soxfest
12-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Good stuff but no Damon please

otis
12-16-2003, 09:39 PM
I haven't heard anything else, but I did come across this in the Boston Globe. Very interesting to say the least.....

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2003/12/16/rodriguez_deal_gaining_momentum/

"Sources confirmed that the Sox and Dodgers have discussed a deal in which Garciaparra would go to LA for a package that would include at least Greg Miller, a prized 19-year-old pitching prospect from the Dodger system, and possibly another pitching prospect as well, with one or both of those pitchers packaged with Ramirez and sent to Texas for Rodriguez. It was unclear whether the Dodgers would include a big-league player as part of the deal, but lefthander Odalis Perez is no longer being mentioned.

There were also indications that another club might also still be in the running for Garciaparra, though Anaheim, which had initially expressed some interest, no longer appeared to be in the running while Seattle, thwarted in its efforts to sign Miguel Tejada when he chose to sign with Baltimore instead, seemed headed in another direction, perhaps exploring a deal for former Mariner Omar Vizquel, now with Cleveland. During baseball's winter meetings here, the Sox also asked the Detroit Tigers if they had interest, but the Tigers, who had entered a bid on Tejada, passed.

The Sox also have a plan in place to add a top-flight outfielder to take Ramirez's place, though one baseball executive familiar with the Sox strategy advised that part of the puzzle will require additional time. But in an offseason in which the Sox already have acquired an established ace, Curt Schilling, for their starting rotation, and the American League's leader in saves, Keith Foulke, for the bullpen, there is no precedent in baseball history to compare to the one-two combination of a Ramirez-Rodriguez trade, followed by a deal for Garciaparra, in terms of the stature of the players and the magnitude of the money involved"

Let's see, an undisclosed team with a top flight outfielder to trade that's not the Angels, Yankees, Orioles, Tigers, or the Mariners.

I am telling you that if it aint the Dodgers it will be the Sox!

minastirith67
12-16-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Soxfest
Good stuff but no Damon please

Dude, Damon is the man. He's a genuine grinder, exactly what KW and Ozzie want. He's a cool guy, I felt pretty bad for him when he got hurt in that collision in the playoffs but he seemed to come back alright. I would love to have both he and Nomar in a White Sox uniform next season and hopefully beyond.