PDA

View Full Version : AROD, BOSTON, and Gammons

Tekijawa
12-16-2003, 11:47 AM
Alright... I just had a horrible thought. What if the AROD trade does got through... Gammons already thinks that he's the greatest player ever! I have a Bad Feeling that Baseball tonight might just turn into an hour of everything that AROD did, every pitch, every caught ball, every scratch... Probably even highlights of him getting out of bed in the morning. Every other team will be reduced to the ticker that flashes below the video at the bottom of the screen.

WinningUgly!
12-16-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Alright... I just had a horrible thought. What if the AROD trade does got through... Gammons already thinks that he's the greatest player ever! I have a Bad Feeling that Baseball tonight might just turn into an hour of everything that AROD did, every pitch, every caught ball, every scratch... Probably even highlights of him getting out of bed in the morning. Every other team will be reduced to the ticker that flashes below the video at the bottom of the screen.

I don't know how anybody can stomach Harold Reynolds, Dave Campbell & Peter Gammons even without P-Gam sporting his A-Rod chubby.

Bobby Thigpen
12-16-2003, 12:06 PM
Reynolds is allright, but the other two you mention are extremely annoying. I think the worst one on that show though is the host. I can't remember his name, but he's terrible.

eriqjaffe
12-16-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
I have a Bad Feeling that Baseball tonight might just turn into an hour of everything that AROD did, every pitch, every caught ball, every scratch... Probably even highlights of him getting out of bed in the morning. Every other team will be reduced to the ticker that flashes below the video at the bottom of the screen.

At least it'll be a place where we can escape Scrub-love for a while. :)

--Eriq.

Hokiesox
12-16-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen
Reynolds is allright, but the other two you mention are extremely annoying. I think the worst one on that show though is the host. I can't remember his name, but he's terrible.

Karl Ravitch.

There's nothing wrong with Reynolds. I think he has the most insightful stuff to say, it's just that Boston G doesn't agree with him 99% of the time and tells him to shut up. Same with Ravitch. It should be the Harold Reynolds show, and nobody else.

StepsInSC
12-16-2003, 03:40 PM
At least Bobby V is gone. He couldn't even muster up a complete sentence half of the time. Even ole' senile Toolbag Gammons can spit a complete sentence out here and there, even if it always is lushing over the Red Sox.

spanishwhite
12-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by eriqjaffe
At least it'll be a place where we can escape Scrub-love for a while. :)

--Eriq.

Trust me, Youll soon learn a new found hatred for the Red sox.

Tejikawa hit it right on the money. It will turn into the Red Sox/Yankee hour.