PDA

View Full Version : Death of Bourgeois Baseball

Tekijawa
12-15-2003, 04:55 PM
From the looks of things so far this off season the "middle class" baseball player will no longer exist....

You have your guys making the 10-15 million and then the Guys that make 3 Million and Less.

If this is the way of the Future, our payroll situation in 2005 could make this team pretty good! We should have over 40 million Freed up for next offseason!!

DSpivack
12-15-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
If this is the way of the Future, our payroll situation in 2005 could make this team pretty good! We should have over 40 million Freed up for next offseason!!

Then we can lock up Koch and Konerko for the rest of their careers!!!

CubKilla
12-15-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa

Too bad we still have to play the '04 season.

Cheapness in the present to achieve a bitter end in the future is no way to run a baseball Organization unless you're a cheapskate.

doublem23
12-15-2003, 07:59 PM
To be fair, bourgeois doesn't refer to middle class.

DirtySouthsider
12-15-2003, 08:05 PM
So does that mean we have to look forward to next year before next year has even started??

SluggersAway
12-15-2003, 08:11 PM
Doublem,

Yes it does.

DirtySouthsider
12-15-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by SluggersAway
Doublem,

Yes it does.

Yes I will second that motion.....but of course I had to look it up in the dictionary. :?:

Daver
12-15-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by DirtySouthsider
but of course I had to look it up in the dictionary.

That book is useless,I looked through it seven times for thingmajimmy and it wasn't in there.

doublem23
12-15-2003, 08:27 PM
Doublem,

Yes it does.

Really? Hmmm... I was always under the assumption the correct use of the word was the Marxist use with a two-tier social hierachy with bourgeois refering to the upper class and proletariat with the lower. Or am I confusing words?

Anyways... Um... Whatever. :gulp:

SluggersAway
12-15-2003, 09:43 PM
Try "thingamajig"....

Daver
12-15-2003, 09:50 PM
Try "thingamajig"....

No that s a completely different thing,the thingamajig is what holds the thingmajimmy on the linkage for a fuel injection system on a John Deere tractor.

doublem23
12-15-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Daver
No that s a completely different thing,the thingamajig is what holds the thingmajimmy on the linkage for a fuel injection system on a John Deere tractor.

I thought that was the thingamabobber. :D:

I'm here all week, folks.

fuzzy_patters
12-15-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Really? Hmmm... I was always under the assumption the correct use of the word was the Marxist use with a two-tier social hierachy with bourgeois refering to the upper class and proletariat with the lower. Or am I confusing words?

Anyways... Um... Whatever. :gulp:

"Bourgeois" was a term first used in post-feudal France to refer to the banking/business class. In other words, it means "middle-class."

Daver
12-15-2003, 10:29 PM
I thought that was the thingamabobber.

You know nothing about Deere tractors,the thingamabobber is what holds the belt that drives the outdrive.

That is what you hook the thresher up to.

What are they teaching you in college anyway?...........

:)

doublem23
12-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by fuzzy_patters
"Bourgeois" was a term first used in post-feudal France to refer to the banking/business class. In other words, it means "middle-class."

I knew that, I had just always thought that definition of the term was rather archaic (much like gay meaning happy). In either ways, thanks for the correction. :smile:

doublem23
12-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Daver

What are they teaching you in college anyway?...........

:)

Well, how to down massive amounts of bad beer quickly and not vomit. That's where I'm a Viking! :smile:

Daver
12-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Well, how to down massive amounts of bad beer quickly and not vomit. That's where I'm a Viking! :smile:

Go clean up your beer cans off my sisters lawn.