PDA

View Full Version : Sox not shopping their "big 4"

mike squires
12-15-2003, 12:45 PM
Per Whitesox.com, Williams is not shopping his big 4. Find that a bit odd considering all the gossip on all of them!!!

habibharu
12-15-2003, 12:46 PM
he's not shopping them per say, but that doesnt mean that he wont trade one if he gets a good enough deal i.e mags to LA for mota,perez and 2 prospects

Lip Man 1
12-15-2003, 12:54 PM
It's a matter of semantics. He's not going to other teams and actively saying 'will you take (fill in the blank...)' but when they ask him 'how about (fill in the blank)', he's not saying 'no way.'

Lip

duke of dorwood
12-15-2003, 12:57 PM
Didnt know we had 4

SoxxoS
12-15-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Didnt know we had 4

Good call.

voodoochile
12-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Which 4?

Frank
Maggs
Carlos(?)
Buehrle(?)
Konerko(?)
Marte(?)

Which ones do they consider indispensible?

soxfan26
12-15-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Which 4?

Frank
Maggs
Carlos(?)
Buehrle(?)
Konerko(?)
Marte(?)

Which ones do they consider indispensible?

Sox general manager Kenny Williams on Sunday wanted to dispel rumors that he was shopping Frank Thomas, Paul Konerko, Magglio Ordonez and Billy Koch.

KingXerxes
12-15-2003, 01:13 PM
Konerko and Koch are two of our Big Four?

God help us.

jabrch
12-15-2003, 01:18 PM
That sounds like posturing to me. It is not possibly true that he is not shopping any of those guys. I guess that depends on the definition of the word "shopping" but he has to be in discussions about ALL of those guys. If he isn't, he is not doing his job. I dont want to see Frank or Maggs traded, but if KW is not at least trying to see what he can get for them that would make us stronger short/long term, he is shirking his obligations as the team GM.

santo=dorf
12-15-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
Konerko and Koch are two of our Big Four?

God help us.

It's probably the four highest paid players. Does this mean Lee might/will be traded? :(:

fuzzy_patters
12-15-2003, 01:22 PM
Of course Kenny says he isn't shopping anybody. If he can't move them, he doesn't want to have to explain to them that he still wants them. This is just a team chemistry thing.

duke of dorwood
12-15-2003, 01:22 PM
:KW

Good thing he doesnt sell cars for a living

voodoochile
12-15-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
That sounds like posturing to me. It is not possibly true that he is not shopping any of those guys. I guess that depends on the definition of the word "shopping" but he has to be in discussions about ALL of those guys. If he isn't, he is not doing his job. I dont want to see Frank or Maggs traded, but if KW is not at least trying to see what he can get for them that would make us stronger short/long term, he is shirking his obligations as the team GM.

No, that means that the Sox will take offers for these players and he is trying to build the value of Konerko and Koch up through the media.

:KW
"Who wants one of these big money players? Man, have I got a deal for you. The RF is going to cost you, but you can have one of these others at a discount. Heck, take the RF and one of the two not named Frank and you can keep the prospects. Frank and one of the K Boyz can be had fairly cheap."