PDA

View Full Version : Tejada to O's Official

kraut83
12-14-2003, 06:11 PM
Link:

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6923612

Maybe Seattle would now be interested in Jose???

Unregistered
12-14-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by kraut83
Maybe Seattle would now be interested in Jose??? Or maybe they might want to revisit the Maggs for Soriano/Garcia trade. Apparently it's unclear which side passed on the deal, but if it was Seattle, it might get a second chance...

That makes the O's 1-for-1 right now. Meanwhile, Lopez, Vlad and I-Rod are mulling over their options. That division is going to be fun to watch beating each other up for 19 games a piece...

JRIG
12-14-2003, 06:44 PM
And the winner of the "Who will overpay for Tejada" derby is....Baltimore!

Continuing their pattern of signing guys for huge contracts who will never live up to them.

ShoelessFred
12-14-2003, 06:48 PM
*sniff*

I smell Bobby Bonilla...

joecrede
12-14-2003, 07:11 PM
How many second place or better finishes for the O's in Tejada's 6 years? Even if they sign Guerrero?

MarkEdward
12-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
And the winner of the "Who will overpay for Tejada" derby is....Baltimore!

Continuing their pattern of signing guys for huge contracts who will never live up to them.

I wouldn't say this Tejada signing is in the range of Segui and Belle signings. Miguel Tejada, playing in any other era, would be considered the best shortstop in baseball (well, unless he way playing with Honus Wagner). In a way, it's kind of sad that he must be compared with A-Rod, Jeter, and Nomar. Tejada does have his strengths, however. He's really not close to Rodriguez in terms of talent, but he's a better defender than Jeter, and healthier than Garciaparra. In fact, Tejada is a remarkably healthy ballplayer.

Yes, it would be nice if he walked more. But with Tejada, you know you'll get 600 ABs and an OPS+ ranging from 110-120. For a shortstop, that's not too bad.

MHOUSE
12-14-2003, 09:39 PM
$12 million a year for Tejada?! Now I want to see what kind of cash Vlad is going to get. IMO Gurrerro is definately the better player of the two. $12 mil is about 1/2 A-Rod money. I could see Vlad getting $15-16 per.

kraut83
12-15-2003, 08:43 AM
These guys are going to be in a whole bunch of 9-7, 12-11 type games this year, I wouldn't doubt if they still finished 4th in the division.