PDA

View Full Version : Koch to Mets not dead?


MHOUSE
12-14-2003, 11:42 AM
According to Stark's rumblings and grumblings, the Mets have gotten Cameron and Little Matsui who they both wanted and now will turn their attention to getting a closer, either Koch, Williamson, or Kim. They said more likely Billy Goat because of his connection to their new pitching coach Peterson, formerly of the As.

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=1685815)

lowesox
12-14-2003, 02:46 PM
Great - as long as its not for Cedeno.

CubKilla
12-14-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Great - as long as its not for Cedeno.

Even though I'm not a member of the Billy Botch Fan Club, I'll take '04 with Botch in the BP over Cedeno in CF too.

How much sadder are things going to get on Chicago's SouthSide?

doublem23
12-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla

How much sadder are things going to get on Chicago's SouthSide?

:reinsy
I have scientists working on finding the secret to immortality. Why do you think I need to charge $4 a beer? I know you Sox fans couldn't bear to be without me.

voodoochile
12-14-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
:reinsy
I have scientists working on finding the secret to immortality. Why do you think I need to charge $4 a beer? I know you Sox fans couldn't bear to be without me.

$4? You must be joking. Expect a huge price increase next year, IMO. They are getting $6 at the new SF and you can bet by 2005 the Sox will be also. I expect to be seeing at least $5/beer at the Cell next year.

doublem23
12-14-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
$4? You must be joking. Expect a huge price increase next year, IMO. They are getting $6 at the new SF and you can bet by 2005 the Sox will be also. I expect to be seeing at least $5/beer at the Cell next year.

Damn, that'd be a jump. I thought they were $4.25 last year... Or am I remembering earlier than '03?

voodoochile
12-14-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Damn, that'd be a jump. I thought they were $4.25 last year... Or am I remembering earlier than '03?

I think it was $4.50 or $4.75 in the stands, but it is more there because the extra goes to the vendor.

I think there will be a nice fat jump to $5.25 next year.

jeremyb1
12-14-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Great - as long as its not for Cedeno.

I don't think we should take on any of their bad contracts. If we can knab weathers, that'd be nice otherwise I'd give Koch up for nothing and pay up to 2-3 million of his salary. We could've signed Hawkins or Lightenburg with the money we'd save on a deal like that. Hopefully a similarly good pitcher will emerge after the deadline to non-tender players and we can sign them.

joecrede
12-15-2003, 12:24 PM
Found this funny. From the NJ Star-Ledger: (http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-3/1071385916128020.xml)

White Sox officials say they were told one of the reasons Mets owner FRED WILPON overruled GM JIM DUQUETTE and wouldn't allow him to trade DAVID WEATHERS for BILLY KOCH is that Weathers is a golfing buddy of TOM GLAVINE, who told Wilpon to spike the deal. Duquette denies that, but other teams have heard that Weathers is not available for that reason.[/

FarmerAndy
12-15-2003, 12:31 PM
I would only get rid of Koch if we can get somebody in return who fills a need on our team. I can't imagine Koch not being better than he was last year, so I wouldn't trade him just to trade him.

If the Mets really want him that bad, they need to make Kenny an offer he can't refuse. Cedeno doesn't cut it.