PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Top Designated Hitter is...

Jjav829
12-13-2003, 11:28 PM
David Ortiz. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1685763)

Edgar finished second. Frank finished third. That's interesting. David Ortiz winning it, I can understand. But Edgar finishing ahead of Frank? Sorry, I don't get that one.

ondafarm
12-14-2003, 12:27 AM
I think this should have been a close race but Frank should have won. Here are the Sagarin ratings.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/alb03.htm

Ortiz 10nth Frank 6th and Martinez 12th

Maybe Frank needs to talk to the media more??

doublem23
12-14-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by ondafarm

Maybe Frank needs to talk to the media more??

Less... Every time he talks he either shoves his foot in his mouth or they do it for him...

:hurt
I really don't like the ham in the clubhouse buffet, but a lot of my teammates like it, so whatever.

Next day, front page of the Tribune:

THOMAS: I DON'T LIKE... MY TEAMMATES
Sosa praises Dusty, Ronnie Woo-Woo for making Wrigley charming.

We can't win. :whiner:

jabrch
12-14-2003, 09:17 AM
WHO CARES? DH of the Year? Sounds like tallest midget in the midget colony to me.

Ortiz had a great season and his team made the playoffs. Nothing wrong with him winning.

jordan23ventura
12-14-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
WHO CARES? DH of the Year? Sounds like tallest midget in the midget colony to me.

Ortiz had a great season and his team made the playoffs. Nothing wrong with him winning.

Frank always gets the shaft, doesn't he? Best DH of the Year Award? Do you even need to look at stats?

Even if it were the Frank Thomas Award, they'd give it to someone else first.

Jjav829
12-14-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura
Frank always gets the shaft, doesn't he? Best DH of the Year Award? Do you even need to look at stats?

Even if it were the Frank Thomas Award, they'd give it to someone else first.

No, you don't need to look at the stats, because David Ortiz clearly deserved it. But for the sake of it, his numbers beat out Thomas in most categories in nearly 200 less AB's. No it isn't a huge award. But yesterday was a slow news day so this was about the most Sox related thing that happened.