PDA

View Full Version : O's Offer Contracts to Vlad, Tejada, I-Rod & Javy

Unregistered
12-13-2003, 09:19 PM
According to team and industry sources, the Orioles have offered five years and $65 million to right fielder Vladimir Guerrero, three years and $27 million to shortstop Miguel Tejada, three years and $21 million to catcher Ivan Rodriguez and three years and $18 million to catcher Javy Lopez. The Orioles would withdraw their offer to one of the catchers if they sign the other.
O's Go Nuts (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6920777) It's also reported that they're talking to Ponson as well. If they land 2 or 3 of these guys, coupled with all the dealing Toronto has been doing lately, the AL East is shaping up to be a helluva division. Man, thats scary...

ScottyTheSoxFan
12-13-2003, 09:28 PM
wow. even if they sign all those guys, do the o's think they have a chance at ny and boston?

sweet lou and tampa bay are going to get eaten alive in that division.

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-13-2003, 09:29 PM
I wonder if the 5 year for $65 mil is a typo, I read $65 mil for 4 years earlier. If it's 5 years, $13 million is pretty shocking when maggs is making $14 mil

Jjav829
12-13-2003, 09:34 PM
It's gotta suck to be an Orioles fan (I guess I could just stop this post right there :smile: ). Even if they land Vlad, Tejada, Lopez or Pudge, and Ponson, they are still no better than 3rd in that division. Maybe even 4th. You're right, the AL East will be one hell of a division this year if the Orioles make a few impact signings. I like the way the Jays are shaping up, but once again they are not better than 3rd in that division. It really makes you realize how bad the AL Central is because if the Blue Jays were in the AL central, they'd be talking playoffs right now.

doublem23
12-13-2003, 09:51 PM
Must be nice to sign some big name free agents.

:KW
Don't worry, Sox fans. We've already landed Uribe, now all we need are Pokey Reese and then we're in business.

santo=dorf
12-13-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
I wonder if the 5 year for $65 mil is a typo, I read $65 mil for 4 years earlier. If it's 5 years, $13 million is pretty shocking when maggs is making $14 mil

I read somewhere that Vlad rejected a 4 year 60 million offer, but Baltimore was going to offer him a 5 year 90 million offer. :o:

kempsted
12-13-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
It's gotta suck to be an Orioles fan (I guess I could just stop this post right there :smile: ).
Well it does now, but for an over 20 year period they were the best team in baseball.

Now you are correct. Not sure how the O's are going to finish better than 3rd. Maybe if Schilling turns out to be bad, Pedro falls etc.

doublem23
12-14-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by kempsted
Well it does now, but for an over 20 year period they were the best team in baseball.

Now you are correct. Not sure how the O's are going to finish better than 3rd. Maybe if Schilling turns out to be bad, Pedro falls etc.

The Yankees all simultaneously retire because, "this just isn't fair anymore."