PDA

View Full Version : Pokey Reese

lowesox
12-13-2003, 01:42 PM
Anybody know the deal with this guy? Was he hurt last year? According to his stats he barely played. But he's listed as an FA, maybe might be an interested pickup if he's healthy, because he's probably very cheap.

Jjav829
12-13-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Anybody know the deal with this guy? Was he hurt last year? According to his stats he barely played. But he's listed as an FA, maybe might be an interested pickup if he's healthy, because he's probably very cheap.

He tore some ligaments in his thumb. He can throw some leather at second, but offensively...YUCK! Hes worse than Willie Harris. No, seriously. :smile:

SoxxoS
12-13-2003, 03:06 PM
To think HE was the one who held up the Griffey Junior trade talks...

And what is with calling Ken Griffey Jr "Junior Griffey"? They even do it at ESPN now in the middle of the columns.

Unregistered
12-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
And what is with calling Ken Griffey Jr "Junior Griffey"? Gammons has been calling him that ever since I can remember. Very few things are more annoying to me. It's a close third behind nails on a chalkboard and Celine Dion singing.

rmusacch
12-13-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Gammons has been calling him that ever since I can remember. Very few things are more annoying to me. It's a close third behind nails on a chalkboard and Celine Dion singing.

I always remember it just being Junior. When did they add the Griffey to it?

wassagstdu
12-13-2003, 06:02 PM
Pokey Reese is the most valuable defensive player in baseball according to DRA:
http://www.baseballprimer.com/articles/humphreys_2003-11-19_0.shtml