PDA

View Full Version : couple of nuggets from winter meetings!

habibharu
12-13-2003, 01:31 PM
1. the sox offered 2 year contracts to miguel batista and john thompson, lost both of them
2. ozzie expects pudge to sign with scrubs
3. weaver will be trade to cards for drew
4. o's have offered vlad 4 years 65 mil deal
5. foulke to carmines

MHOUSE
12-13-2003, 01:46 PM
I really wanted a Konerko for either Weaver or Perez deal to happen. Guys are getting snatched up off the market and we're going nowhere again.

SoxxoS
12-13-2003, 01:54 PM
That Bautista move would have been really solid. I think he is a good 4-5 pitcher that can be used as long relief in a pinch. We could have really used him.

Lip Man 1
12-13-2003, 02:18 PM
Unfortunately the Sox weren't willing to move off their demand of only two years, somebody else (in this case Toronto) said 'yes,' and the Sox got screwed (again...)

Like I said it only takes one other team to say yes and all the Sox best laid fiscal plans are screwed, they don't get the player and they they wonder why their fans are pissed off all the time.

By the way has anybody noticed the Jays have already acquired FOUR pitchers this off season. They don't seem to be having a hard time getting pitching help, I wonder why that is?

Lip

nodiggity59
12-13-2003, 02:30 PM
Dont despair about getting LAs pitchers... The Braves are also in the market for Drew

doublem23
12-14-2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by habibharu

3. weaver will be trade to cards for drew

buzz

whitesoxwilkes
12-14-2003, 11:39 AM
Lee Sinins (stathead whose mailing list I am on) says the Twins are not averse to trading Guzman or Mientkewicz. Are they gonna have anyone left?