PDA

View Full Version : Sox realistic Plan for success

MRKARNO
12-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Trade PK to the M's for Freddy Garcia

Sign Sidney Ponson

Stock the bullpen with cheap, mediocre bullpen arms

Dont worry about center or 2b because with Loaiza, Buehrle, Garland, Garcia and Ponson, you wont need to.

OEO Magglio
12-12-2003, 07:47 PM
OK that would be amazing, but that won't happen.

MRKARNO
12-12-2003, 07:49 PM
I dont see Ponson getting more than 6-8 mil. Freddy Garcia is gonna make nearly as much as PK unless we can aqcuire him, avoid arbitration and sign him to a backloaded multi-year contract. The M's need offense. THis plan seems like it realistically be on KW's desk. If JR has a change of heart and allows for a 5 mil per year payroll boost, this could happen

lowesox
12-12-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Trade PK to the M's for Freddy Garcia

Sign Sidney Ponson

Stock the bullpen with cheap, mediocre bullpen arms

Dont worry about center or 2b because with Loaiza, Buehrle, Garland, Garcia and Ponson, you wont need to.

I couldn't agree more. Although we still need one good righthander for the pen. Maybe Nelson??

poorme
12-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Seattle wouldn't do that deal.

OEO Magglio
12-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Exactly, thats the main reason why this would never happen, you should put that in deep pink MRKARNO.

maggsmaggs
12-12-2003, 10:36 PM
Why would the Mariners do this when they have Olerud and Martinez unless they plan to trade one of them, which I doubt. But, no doubt that would piss one of them off tremendously.

Daver
12-12-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by maggsmaggs
Why would the Mariners do this when they have Olerud and Martinez unless they plan to trade one of them, which I doubt. But, no doubt that would piss one of them off tremendously.

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

MRKARNO
12-13-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by maggsmaggs

Why would the Bosox attempt to trade for A-rod if they already had Nomar? If they perceive Konerko to be an upgrade, they'd do it

Frank the Tank
12-13-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Why would the Bosox attempt to trade for A-rod if they already had Nomar? If they perceive Konerko to be an upgrade, they'd do it

Konerko an upgrade?

MRKARNO
12-13-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
Konerko an upgrade?

Some people outside of Chicago are able to look through Konerko's one bad year and see the the .290 25 HR, 100 RBI hitter in him. If Konerko is on our roster next year, I wouldnt be too sad, knowing that he had a fluke of a down year.

dougs78
12-13-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by poorme

I'd not be so sure about that. I'm not saying it would be one for one, but there is a distinct possibility the M's may non-tender Garcia. Because of that, they may be willing to unload him rather than get nothing. I'd say if we included a decent prospect it could get done easy.

Heck, if they really are going to non-tender him then even a decent prospect alone might do it.

dougs78
12-13-2003, 09:15 AM
From the Seattle Times:

One baseball source said yesterday that the Chicago White Sox are "desperate" and an increasingly viable suitor for Garcia, having lost out on starter Bartolo Colon to Anaheim. But teams also know that the Mariners may not tender Garcia a contract by Dec. 20, which would make him a free agent.

A little fact to back up my statement. Link (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/mariners/2001813971_winter13.html)

Lip Man 1
12-13-2003, 02:23 PM
It was in the papers yesterday that the Sox made a two year offer to Ponson that was rejected. Ponson wants more years and more money. (and obviously some other team will give it to him, and the Sox will be left standing around muttering platitudes about 'fiscal responisibility' LOL)

Lip

DaveGusinSeattle
12-13-2003, 04:00 PM
Garcia :o: that is sad :(: . I think he's had two bad years. I'd rather keep Konerko. He'll probably have a breakout year.
Garcia is 12-14; 9th in AL in losses, 9 th in BB (71). He's 3-7 in last 10 starts. He is a bad word in Seattle. You don't want him, you hear moans and worse here when they bring him in.

Stick with Konerko KW.