PDA

View Full Version : Clemens to the Astros?

Unregistered
12-12-2003, 05:42 PM
As Per ESPN:

Clemens is taking the weekend to decide whether he'd like to pitch for the Astros, where he would join friend Andy Pettitte, he told local talk show hosts from KKRW-FM Radio.

Rumors have been circulating since Clemens announced his retirement that he would unretire and pitch near home for the Astros. Clemens is technically a free agent, and can sign with any major league team.

When Pettitte decided on the Astros Thursday, that likely added to Clemens' motivation. Clemens and Pettitte were best friends on the Yankees.

Man, that would really make things interesting in the NL Central and make things difficult for the Cubs. Not to mention it would piss off TONS of New Yorkers & Steinbrenner - which would be just as fun...

Rocket Re-Launch? (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1684849)

DonkeyKongerko
12-12-2003, 05:48 PM
Piss off Yankee and Cub fans??? I'm all for it then.

StockdaleForVeep
12-13-2003, 12:42 AM
Would clemens move to the national league? He is known as an intimidation power pitcher, now he will be forced to bat on avg of 2-3 times per game. I think for his saftey sake he wont go national

DirtySouthsider
12-13-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
Would clemens move to the national league? He is known as an intimidation power pitcher, now he will be forced to bat on avg of 2-3 times per game. I think for his saftey sake he wont go national

I don't think Clemens would change a thing if he were in the National League. He is an intimidating pitcher because that is his nature. I doubt that the fact he would have to step into the batters box is going to change his mind set.....he's been around the game way too long. Batters would still intimidated by him.

Paulwny
12-13-2003, 01:23 PM
Some talk of this yesterday on the YES Net. To entice Clemens the astros would allow Clemens to pitch during home stands and stay at home during road trips.