PDA

View Full Version : Manny - A-Rod Not happening per ESPN Radio

BeerHandle
12-12-2003, 11:07 AM
Per ESPN Radio (about an hour ago) the Manny for A-Rod deal is not going to happen. Texas wants Boston to take on all of A-Rod's contract plus pay some of Manny's. If this deal doesn't go through it can really shake things up and make other moves happen. I was really hoping the Sox could have scored Nomar for Maggs.

joecrede
12-12-2003, 11:25 AM
I'd think this would make Valentin and/or Ordonez attractive to the Dodgers now and Ordonez attractive to the Angels since both were rumored to be interested in Nomar.

My guess is Tejada ends up with either the Angels or Dodgers. I think it would help the Sox position if he ended up with the Angels because the Dodgers have shown an interest in Konerko and perhaps he could be packaged with either Valentin or Ordonez.

habibharu
12-12-2003, 11:27 AM
tejadas gonna go to the mariners or tigers

BeerHandle
12-12-2003, 11:31 AM
I just read in the Trib that Tejada is going to go the the Tigers or Seattle!!

joecrede
12-12-2003, 11:36 AM
One more thing. If A-Rod does stay in Texas I'd imagine fan backlash against him will be pretty bad since it's been reported that he wanted to go to Boston.

$25M a year and you preffer to be somewhere else? Rangers fans are going to have a field day with this.

So much for those grand marketing plans built around A-Rod that Boras sold Rangers owner Tom Hicks on during the winter of 2000.

joecrede
12-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
I just read in the Trib that Tejada is going to go the the Tigers or Seattle!!

Keeping Tejada off of the Dodgers or Angels significantly improves the Sox chances of moving payroll in my opinion.

BeerHandle
12-12-2003, 11:43 AM
That would play a major factor for the Sox. I can't believe he has interest in the Tigers. The team is bad, the city (and I mean downtown Detroit) is crap and the park is probably the most sterile place in baseball.

toledosoxfan
12-13-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
That would play a major factor for the Sox. I can't believe he has interest in the Tigers. The team is bad, the city (and I mean downtown Detroit) is crap and the park is probably the most sterile place in baseball.

I agree that Detroit (the city and the team) is plain ugly. However, I happen to like Comerica Park. Its very open, has nice sight lines, and the statues of Tiger legends in right field are incredible. Too bad that they field a AAA team.

And too bad that the Sox can't.... :angry: