PDA

View Full Version : Why not be proactive going after Nomar?

Wanne
12-12-2003, 11:42 AM
Instigate the trade of ARod to the Bosox. Nomar for Maggs?!? Valentine & Konerko for Perez then. I'd just like to see Kenny get into the mix a little here and be a little aggresive. There has to be some combination to make this work. I know it depends on Texas...but come on Kenny....get involved.

cornball
12-12-2003, 11:43 AM
As of this morning the Arod to Boston was dead.

CHISOXFAN13
12-12-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Wanne
Instigate the trade of ARod to the Bosox. Nomar for Maggs?!? Valentine & Konerko for Perez then. I'd just like to see Kenny get into the mix a little here and be a little aggresive. There has to be some combination to make this work. I know it depends on Texas...but come on Kenny....get involved.

I really don't think LA wants to add that much payroll anyway.

Jjav829
12-12-2003, 12:01 PM
Nomar may still be traded regardless of the Arod/Manny deal being dead. There are a lot of bad feelings between Nomar and the Red Sox now. With Nomar turning down the BoSox recent contract offer, they might try to trade him and go after Tejada or Aurilia.

WhiteSoxWinner
12-12-2003, 12:05 PM
The problem with trading for Nomar is that he is sticking to a demand of $15 million per season to resign. There is no way we would pony up that cash to resign him. I'd rather have Maggs for another season than Nomar.