PDA

View Full Version : BLOG Rumor: Tribe To Sign Guerrero

joecrede
12-11-2003, 09:36 PM
It is a BLOG so take it for what it's worth. 4 years/$60M is the reported contract. (http://www.cir.blogspot.com/2003_12_01_cir_archive.html#107118703333237636)

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-11-2003, 09:39 PM
noooooooooooooo!!! Hope this doesn't happen

ScottyTheSoxFan
12-11-2003, 09:41 PM
holy crap!!! i didnt see that coming. man kw better act fast and get us some players this weekend

MRKARNO
12-11-2003, 09:45 PM
What makes this so scary is that there's no reason not to believe it. Guerrero really isnt being hotly pursued by anyone so this would make plenty of sense.

:reinsy

"We would never have been able to catch Cleveland anyways"

bestkosher
12-11-2003, 09:52 PM
they have a good hitting team again if that happens, maybe?

but they have no pitching so i am not worried

Brian26
12-11-2003, 10:48 PM
Some other interesting notes from that blog:

Paul Hoynes reports in the Plain Dealer that the Indians are negotiating minor league contracts with Tanyon Strutze and Bobby Howry. Strutze is an awful, awful pitcher who went 7-6 with 5.94 ERA in 40 games (8 starts) for Toronto last year. That followed a 2002 season in which he went 4-18 for the Devil Rays and surrendered 271 hits in 224 innings. If he's triple-A insurance, that's fine, but if he's a serious contender for the fifth spot in the rotation, oy vay. Bobby Howry, on the other hand, I like. He missed most of last season after undergoing elbow surgery in June but he's not that far removed from a pretty good five year run (1998-2002) in the White Sox bullpen. If the arm is healthy, he's a worthwhile gamble and nice insurance to have down in Buffalo.

Jjav829
12-11-2003, 11:24 PM
I would be very surprise if this did happen. Someone said that that post may either be a hoax, or someone who got a hold of the guys password and posted it. Though it really is such a crazy rumor that it may actually be true. I still think he lands in Baltimore when all is said and done. I definitely don't want Guerrero in our division unless he sporting a White Sox uniform.

joeynach
12-11-2003, 11:27 PM
I heard it from several people now. There is a rumor that vlad and the indians are close on a deal worth about 60 mil for 4 years with club options for 2008 and 2009.

www.cir.blogspot.com

Dont know if this has any truth to it but i just thought i would share it.

MRKARNO
12-11-2003, 11:35 PM
HOAX alert.

The webmaster says quote
"Sorry this is a farce. We will have cleaned it up shortly."

Look under comments.

joeynach
12-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
HOAX alert.

The webmaster says quote

Look under comments.

Hes right. I speak for all of us "PHEEEWWW"

StillMissOzzie
12-12-2003, 12:20 AM
Glad to hear it was a hoax, too, especially because I thought that he had already turned down a 5/$75M offer from someone else.

SMO

Dadawg_77
12-12-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
HOAX alert.

The webmaster says quote

Look under comments.

It wasn't even a hoax per say.

Congratulations to Patty on being the first person to decipher the hidden message in last nights CIR Update!

The first clue hidden within the text was the last sentence of the third paragraph which read...

"A source close to the Indians says that it was the first letter which indicated whether or not Guerrero was serious about playing in Cleveland."

The second clue was the exclamation point "!" at the beginning of the last paragraph.

Taking the above into account, you find that the first letter of each paragraph spells out...

J U S T K I D D I N G !

Apologies to those who feel they have been hood-winked. A tip of the hat to those who have now deciphered the hidden clues. In an offseason where the highlight is shaping up to be claiming Cliff Bartosh off waivers, I hope we all enjoyed dreaming a little, even if it was for only one night.

But, alas, Vladimir Guerrero has less chance of being a Cleveland Indian than I do of, well, being a Cleveland Indian. After all, I'm a lot cheaper and can make the pivot at second base. But if it does happen, you heard it here first ;-).