PDA

View Full Version : Brown for Weaver


Mots09
12-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Done deal. Just reported on halftime show of Purdue game.


Another missed opportunity for the Sox

Daver
12-11-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Mots09
Done deal. Just reported on halftime show of Purdue game.


Another missed opportunity for the Sox

Opportunity for what?

MRKARNO
12-11-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Opportunity for what?

Taking on a bad pitchers' contract

Mots09
12-11-2003, 10:17 PM
you are telling me you would rather have Rausch or Schoenweis in our starting rotation compared to Weaver. Come on give me a break.

MRKARNO
12-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Mots09
you are telling me you would rather have Rausch or Schoenweis in our starting rotation compared to Weaver. Come on give me a break.

No. But if we're gonna make a trade for pitching I'll take Freddy Garcia over Weaver

Mots09
12-11-2003, 10:20 PM
As would I but if could have snagged Weaver for PK or Koch, I would have done it in a heartbeat.

Daver
12-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Mots09
you are telling me you would rather have Rausch or Schoenweis in our starting rotation compared to Weaver. Come on give me a break.

There is no one on the roster named Rausch,and Weaver is not much a better option than taking a chance on Neil Cotts or Emenicio Pacheco,either way it is a gamble.

MRKARNO
12-11-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Mots09
As would I but if could have snagged Weaver for PK or Koch, I would have done it in a heartbeat.

PK: maybe, but he could very easily rebound just as Weaver could. We'd save 1 mil over 2 years

Koch: Weaver is owed more than 9 million more than Koch. No way I'd take on weavers contract for koch's

MRKARNO
12-11-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Daver
There is no one on the roster named Rausch,and Weaver is not much a better option than taking a chance on Neil Cotts or Emenicio Pacheco,either way it is a gamble.

And at least these players are coming off years in which they werent mentally screwed up. Their ERAs were 2.1 and 2.5 I think. Weaver's was 6 in NY. He might be a mental wreck.