PDA

View Full Version : OK, this is TOO far

KempersRS
09-02-2001, 06:43 PM
I dunno if anyone was just watching ESPN, but if you were, you should be outraged. They were just talking about the AL Cy Young. I understand fully that the chances of Buehrle winning it are very slim even though he has the best ERA of any AL pitcher. In fact, all his stats are very very impressive, but he is not on the best of teams and his record is not amazing. I would think Clemens would win it, but Baseball Tonight just put up a little graphic on the screen which was entitled "Top AL Pitchers" and Buehrle was not even listed, unbelievable. Garcia, Clemens, Hudson, and Mulder were the 4 listed. While Gammons said something like "Mussina is really having a great year, I really think he should be on that list". Thats just too much, to not win the Cy Young I understand, but to not even be considered as one of the top pitchers in the AL is a joke.

Bmr31
09-02-2001, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
I dunno if anyone was just watching ESPN, but if you were, you should be outraged. They were just talking about the AL Cy Young. I understand fully that the chances of Buehrle winning it are very slim even though he has the best ERA of any AL pitcher. In fact, all his stats are very very impressive, but he is not on the best of teams and his record is not amazing. I would think Clemens would win it, but Baseball Tonight just put up a little graphic on the screen which was entitled "Top AL Pitchers" and Buehrle was not even listed, unbelievable. Garcia, Clemens, Hudson, and Mulder were the 4 listed. While Gammons said something like "Mussina is really having a great year, I really think he should be on that list". Thats just too much, to not win the Cy Young I understand, but to not even be considered as one of the top pitchers in the AL is a joke.

THose 4 are on winning teams. You rarely, if ever, get a cy young winner from a .500 baseball team.

Spiff
09-02-2001, 07:16 PM
Yeh but he said it said "Top AL Pitchers" not "Best Pitchers on Good Teams"