PDA

View Full Version : Yankees aquire Brown?

pcullotta
12-11-2003, 03:32 PM
It looks like the deal is done....

link (http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-brown1212,0,1516748.story?coll=ny-homepage-right-area)

MHOUSE
12-11-2003, 03:37 PM
WOW. Nice catch pcullota! Weaver, 2 prospects, and cash for the Dodgers is a nice deal to free up $30 million over the next two years. I like Brown and the Yanks needed him, but I can't help thinking that he and David Wells won't make more than 50 starts between them.

Mussina
Vasquez
Brown
Contreras
Wells/Lieber?

Pedro
Schilling
Lowe
Wakefield
Mendoza? Kim?

That's going to be quite a race right there!

voodoochile
12-11-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
WOW. Nice catch pcullota! Weaver, 2 prospects, and cash for the Dodgers is a nice deal to free up $30 million over the next two years. I like Brown and the Yanks needed him, but I can't help thinking that he and David Wells won't make more than 50 starts between them.

Mussina
Vasquez
Brown
Contreras
Wells/Lieber?

Pedro
Schilling
Lowe
Wakefield
Mendoza? Kim?

That's going to be quite a race right there!

Buehrle
Loaiza
Garland
Schoenweiss
Rauch

They've got nothing on the Sox. Man, I can't WAIT for October...

Tekijawa
12-11-2003, 03:45 PM
Great, this opens the Door for the Musina, Brown, Vasquez and cash for Maggs, Konerko and Koch trade!

ScottyTheSoxFan
12-11-2003, 03:45 PM
Im just happy Frank Thomas was not a part of the trade in the end. i would have puked if kw got involved

Baby Fisk
12-11-2003, 03:52 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but who would want Brown??? Isn't he notorious for ruining team chemistry wherever he goes? (I'm thinking of the wreckage left behind in several cities he has snarled his way through...)

pcullotta
12-11-2003, 03:55 PM
ESPN is now reporting the deal too.

MHOUSE
12-11-2003, 04:00 PM
ESPN LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1684122) . It appears to be official.

StillMissOzzie
12-11-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Great, this opens the Door for the Musina, Brown, Vasquez and cash for Maggs, Konerko and Koch trade!

What colors should be used for something that's both sarcastic AND a pipe dream?

SMO
:D:

StillMissOzzie
12-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
Im just happy Frank Thomas was not a part of the trade in the end. i would have puked if kw got involved

I second that emotion and hope that Frank is NOT part II of this deal, like the Boston-Arizona-Brewer deal went down.

SMO

Lip Man 1
12-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Give the Yanks credit, they don't dick around especially when it comes to starting pitching. it's amazing how simple they make getting solid starting pitchers seem, hell they've got six or seven (again) on the roster right now.

Lip

dougs78
12-11-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Give the Yanks credit, they don't dick around especially when it comes to starting pitching. it's amazing how simple they make getting solid starting pitchers seem, hell they've got six or seven (again) on the roster right now.

Lip

Its not all that amazing considering the fact that they have depth to spare after years of building up high priced players. More to the point, its not that amazing also because they were willing to take on about 15 million in payroll as well as drop 2 minor league prospects to get it done.

I'd assume any team willing to do that could add starting pitching in a heartbeat as well.