PDA

View Full Version : Today's WINNING Pick to Click

PaleHoseGeorge
09-02-2001, 06:34 PM
Well, this wasn't easy buy the WSI umpire has determined a winner.

"There are no midgets on this team!":maggs

Okay, here's how I picked him. I know I'm going to catch heat regardless but at least you'll know I had my reasons.

First, forget about the pitchers. Anytime you team scores 19 runs, it would be a crime not to give PTC to a hitter. That eliminates Fogg.

Amongst the hitters, it has to be someone with multiple hits and rbi's who didn't screw up in the field. Top contenders here were guys with at least 2 rbis: Singleton (4 hits), Konerko (3 hits), Maggs (3 hits), and Canseco (2 hits). Amongst the players with just 2 rbi's, Singleton's four hits trumps anything Mark Johnson or Royce Clayton did, eliminating them from contention.\

Amongst the top contenders, I next looked at extra base hits. They stack up like this: Maggs had two (2 doubles), and the rest had one (a homerun each for Konerko, Singleton, and Canseco). Canseco earns bonus points for getting his with 2 out. Canseco and Konerko are deducted points for leaving runners in scoring position with 2 out. Nobody is the clear winner here.

Finally, I picked Maggs based on two things. First, he reached base four times (including a walk) and his rbi's were second-best (5) amongst the Sox. Most importantly, of the top contenders Maggs was the only one to make a significant play in the field, the second inning assist nailing Roberto Alomar trying to reach third base. That was arguably the turning point of the game. Cleveland's rally stalled with six runs; the Sox turned around and answered with eight.

The complete Totally Biased Game Recap will be up later tonight.

Okay, let 'er rip!

:)

OfficerKarkovice
09-02-2001, 07:08 PM
I agree PHG...way to go.

Soxfan7070
09-02-2001, 07:25 PM
Good call PHG!

KempersRS
09-02-2001, 07:28 PM
CLR ain't gonna like this one.

danman31
09-02-2001, 08:12 PM
I'm not gonna argue because I picked Maggs, but at least you gave your reasons.:)

CLR01
09-02-2001, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
CLR ain't gonna like this one.

Hey we won a game we needed to win, i just hope FSN replays it tonight so i can watch it, i didnt even get to see one pitch.

"I am still the most feared power hitter in the sox lineup, PHG is a good guy and will see the light very soon and once he does i will win everyday. Hey Skip, how about batting me in the 3 hole?"

:slowswing

"After reviewing the evidence, i find that the WSI umpire was wrong and i am ordering him to pay $25 million dollars to Chris Singleton."

http://www.cnn.com/US/OJ/simpson.civil.trial/fujisaki.jpg

Jerry_Manuel
09-02-2001, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
"After reviewing the evidence, i find that the WSI umpire was wrong and i am ordering him to pay $25 million dollars to Chris Singleton."

http://www.cnn.com/US/OJ/simpson.civil.trial/fujisaki.jpg

Do you not get a portion of the 25 million CLR?

CLR01
09-02-2001, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Do you not get a portion of the 25 million CLR?

Sorry Jer, my contract...err... i mean loyalties state that i can not discuss matters of money or perks recieved from Chris Singleton. BTW does any one know of a dealership in the area that sells brand new Lamborghini's, and also do you know if Franks house is still up for sale?

KempersRS
09-02-2001, 08:51 PM

Sorry Jer, my contract...err... i mean loyalties state that i can not discuss matters of money or perks recieved from Chris Singleton. BTW does any one know of a dealership in the area that sells brand new Lamborghini's, and also do you know if Franks house is still up for sale?

I am guessing sweeping the Parking Lot pays good money then!

Jerry_Manuel
09-02-2001, 08:55 PM
and also do you know if Franks house is still up for sale?

To the best of my knowledge yes Frank's house is still up for sale.

CLR01
09-02-2001, 08:56 PM

What can i say, it pays the bills i guess.

Jerry_Manuel
09-02-2001, 08:57 PM

No sir it does not. Unless George and CLR have some kind of under the table deal that I don't know about.