PDA

View Full Version : Trade rumours: Winter Meetings

MHOUSE
12-11-2003, 01:23 PM
By Jayson Stark. The White Sox are included in a few of these rumours. Odalis Perez and Freddie Garcia as supposedly our biggest targets and we want to move one of Pauly, C-Lee, Frank, or Maggs. The Red Sox are in on a lot of these and so are the Twins and Cubs. It'll be an interesting weekend...

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=1683764)

lowesox
12-11-2003, 02:05 PM
I would love Garcia. I'll bet he pitches as good in 2004 as Colon.

npdempse
12-11-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I would love Garcia. I'll bet he pitches as good in 2004 as Colon.

Garcia for Konerko, straight up. Good past performances, trailing into 2003 slumps. Either one's a crapshoot next year.

OTOH, what use do the Ms have for any of our hitters?

hold2dibber
12-11-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
Garcia for Konerko, straight up. Good past performances, trailing into 2003 slumps. Either one's a crapshoot next year.

The Ms need hitting. Right now they have Winn, Suzuki and Ibanez in the OF. If they could land Lee or Maggs, they would move Suzuki to CF and either trade Winn or play him off the bench. There's no way they'd have any interest in Konerko, though.

kraut83
12-11-2003, 03:11 PM
I never heard either way, did Edgar Martinez end up signing for another year, or retire? If the latter, maybe they would be willing to take Pauly off our hands.

lowesox
12-11-2003, 04:17 PM
Maybe Wynn and Garcia for Lee? That wouldn't be so bad.

RichH55
12-11-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by kraut83
I never heard either way, did Edgar Martinez end up signing for another year, or retire? If the latter, maybe they would be willing to take Pauly off our hands.

Edgar is back for one more year it seems

They paid good money for the monster that is Raul Ibanez, and Jeff Cirillo still draws a paycheck....PK could be on the radar

MHOUSE
12-11-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Maybe Wynn and Garcia for Lee? That wouldn't be so bad.

I like this idea.

jeremyb1
12-11-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by kraut83

I'd be suprised if we can stick them with Paully. I think our best bet is not to deal for Garcia wait for the M's to non-tender him and then see how cheap we can sign him.

joeynach
12-11-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by npdempse

That is ridicoulous Konerko is slated to make 18.75 mil over the next to years and Garcia is slated for 17 mil over the next two years. We need pitching, but we need to dump salary. Plus Garcia is a huge questionmark. It is reported he has a drinking problem and thats why his marks went sour in 03.

Tekijawa
12-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by joeynach
Plus Garcia is a huge questionmark. It is reported he has a drinking problem and thats why his marks went sour in 03.

Trust me, drinking makes you do everything better!

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Mammoo
12-11-2003, 04:56 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002KGT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg