PDA

View Full Version : how about davenport

bestkosher
12-11-2003, 08:56 AM
give those Iowa cub fans something to stay home about give them the expos, they would be the team that could be supported by the neighboring states as well of nebraska and oklahoma

longshot7
12-11-2003, 11:15 AM
I lived in the Quad Cities for 4 years. It is a complete and utter wasteland and they barely support their A ball team.

Frater Perdurabo
12-11-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by bestkosher
give those Iowa cub fans something to stay home about give them the expos, they would be the team that could be supported by the neighboring states as well of nebraska and oklahoma

Heck, how about Galesburg?

Mots09
12-11-2003, 09:26 PM
Longshot:

Hold yourself, "Complete and utter wasteland." A little harsh, almost like you were talking about East Moline. I am from Davenport, and I admit they don't draw ****, but they are getting a lot of renivations done to the stadium. It is going to look beautiful when it's finished.

go sox go

doublem23
12-12-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by bestkosher

I don't see to many Oklahomites driving up to Iowa when there's a team in the Dallas area.

**** man, put the team here in Peoria. We have a nice, brand-new 9,000-seat stadium downtown.

DSpivack
12-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Once again why Northern Virginia is the best place to put a team that doesn't already have one.

Iwritecode
12-12-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I don't see to many Oklahomites driving up to Iowa when there's a team in the Dallas area.

**** man, put the team here in Peoria. We have a nice, brand-new 9,000-seat stadium downtown.

I still say we need a minor-leauge team BACK in Rockford. We used to have the Expos, then they changed to the Royals, then they went to the Cubbies (thankfully that didn't last long). After that, we went for a long time with nothing. Now we have a new team that's part of an independent league. I've always thought that this would be a perfect place for a Sox minor league team. Plus, they are in the process on building a brand new stadium on the east side (read good side) of town. :D:

BTW, my parents were born and raised in the Quad Cities. Most of my family still lives down there. I never thought it was that bad. As a matter of fact, I've though about moving down there because it's probably better than Rockford. They at least have gambling boats and their sports teams (Hockey, basketball, baseball, high school sports) always kick our asses...

longshot7
12-12-2003, 07:14 PM
suit yourself, but I think the Quad Cities (Davenport included) is one of the most boring places I've ever been to, let alone having to live there. Maybe it's just the rural mindset that seems to rule everyone out there. And it's not any better in Peoria or Rockford. But then again, what do I know, I'm a big city kind of guy.