PDA

View Full Version : nuke cleveland--

charlie browned
09-02-2001, 05:43 PM
this game, if not the season, legitimizes your screen name. Carpe diem, baby!

On a different note, Kenny-RayBan-Baby is crazy/short-sighted/panicked/stupid/close-minded/Reinsdorf-serving to trade Canseco or Singleton--this would be a classic Chicago market move, like other Chicago teams giving up on Flutie, Maddux, etc. but this is just MHO (worth as much as you pay for it).

Jerry_Manuel
09-02-2001, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by charlie browned
On a different note, Kenny-RayBan-Baby is crazy/short-sighted/panicked/stupid/close-minded/Reinsdorf-serving to trade Canseco or Singleton--this would be a classic Chicago market move, like other Chicago teams giving up on Flutie, Maddux, etc. but this is just MHO (worth as much as you pay for it).

Unless I am reading this wrong which might be the case, you are saying trading Singleton would be like letting Greg Maddux leave Chicago. Is that what you are saying? I'm not trying to jump on you I just find that odd.

charlie browned
09-02-2001, 06:00 PM
no, jerry baby, I'm not equating Singleton to Maddux. Singleton's sinker is Little Leaque quality, as far as I know, and Maddux cannot chase down liners to the track in CF.

I'm talking about managerial and ownership short-sightedness. Singleton is a solid, close-to-.300 hitting gazelle in CF, who has no ego, does what he's asked, contributes to the community in which he lives--a role model major leaguer. He's been treated like crap by the White Sox.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
09-03-2001, 09:07 AM
Yeah, we nuked them alright!!! That was more fun watching a White Sox game than I've had all season. Lets hope we can keep it going tonight.

Bmr31
09-03-2001, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by charlie browned
no, jerry baby, I'm not equating Singleton to Maddux. Singleton's sinker is Little Leaque quality, as far as I know, and Maddux cannot chase down liners to the track in CF.

I'm talking about managerial and ownership short-sightedness. Singleton is a solid, close-to-.300 hitting gazelle in CF, who has no ego, does what he's asked, contributes to the community in which he lives--a role model major leaguer. He's been treated like crap by the White Sox.

dude are you on crack or what? Chris singleton is A FAR BELOW average Center fielder, who needs to be replaced.