PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite all-time Sox uni?

BackInBlack
12-10-2003, 06:27 PM
As Sox fans, one thing we get to enjoy is having the GREATEST UNIFORMS IN ALL OF BASEBALL. While the Yankes may have the most classic uni's (and Detroit next to them), the White Sox actually change up their styles every now and then. And every time a new design comes out, it's even badder (i.e. "gooder") than the most recent version.

Personally, my Top 3 White Sox uni's go in this order:

1. The Blue and White uni's from back in the 1920's. These are the uni's that had collars and the letters "C H I C A G O" sewn across the chest in an arc. The font of the "CHICAGO" was an old-school gothic-type font and it's just an awesome classic look. I want that uni real bad.

2. That 1980's jersey with "S O X" printed straight across the chest with the red, blue and gray colors. That jersey is selling like hot-cakes right now. You have no idea how many 1980's Sox hats I've been seeing lately. I actually went to Beaver Stadium to watch the Penn State vs. Ohio State football game a few weeks ago, and I literally counted SEVEN of those CHICAGO WHITE SOX HATS in a stadium dead-smack in the middle of Pennsylvania. Also seeing tons of them out here in NYC.

3. Current uni's.

HITMEN OF 77
12-10-2003, 08:07 PM
The road jerseys of the late 60's and '70 were my favorite. The light blue with the Chicago in cursive and White Sox under it was way ahead of its time and looked too cool, at least in my mind.

A.T. Money
12-10-2003, 08:14 PM
Current ones by far. The 1917/1919 style is #2.

bestkosher
12-10-2003, 08:16 PM
the uniforms they wore two yearsago during the sunday home games

munchman33
12-10-2003, 08:18 PM
I really like our current road jerseys.

Thunderstruck30
12-10-2003, 08:42 PM
1. The current white vests with black sleeves.
2. 1919
3. The ones with the blue collar from the 70s.

Brian26
12-10-2003, 11:22 PM
The current uniforms are the best. Don't change a thing. End of discussion.

daveeym
12-11-2003, 01:04 AM
I think the sox should make all past uniforms available and allow the starting pitcher to choose the uniform for the day.

Medford Bobby
12-11-2003, 10:39 AM
The current uni's are the best.........but it would be nice to see more of old uni's from the 40's would be fun for a Sunday uni. I still have a big heart for the Dick Allen- Wilbur Wood RED uni's........but one thing this ownership did right was to bring back the this current style abd keep it for over a dozen years......has to be a White Sox record :gulp:

:bionic "Can you believe I'll make $800.000.00 in 2004!!"

habibharu
12-11-2003, 11:02 AM
the 1917 WS champs sox jersey is the 2nd best jersey in sports, only to the bears

jabrch
12-11-2003, 11:05 AM
I like the South Side Hitmen Jerseys with the collar on it. I think it was 76-77.

Dick Allen
12-11-2003, 11:10 AM
The 1959 jerseys. They looked good, and they won with them.

Hangar18
12-11-2003, 11:34 AM
I liked the 1950's Black/Red ones Very Much. Too Bad they
didnt incorporate just a tiny bit of RED into the Home Uniform.
Our current one looks Nice, but a bit too BLAND. Either add
some RED "shadowing" to the Logo/Numbers, OR Make
the SOX Logo on the Uniform a little BIGGER, so the colors
stand out more. If they kept it as it is now.....Then Go with the
Home Vest Look Exclusively. The black tshirt under the Vest
Brings Out the Black and Grey on the uniform Very Nicely.
The Sewn-On Black Sleeves LOOK RIDICULOUS, BRING THE VEST BACK IMMEDIATELY

skottyj242
12-11-2003, 11:39 AM
I like the 89 jerseys with the cursive c on the cap.

SaltyPretzel
12-11-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by skottyj242

So do I. :smile:

Hangar18
12-11-2003, 12:04 PM

You mean the hat with the Exponential "E" on it? heh heh

Brian26
12-11-2003, 12:07 PM

That's an E! :)

Medford Bobby
12-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Boy I remember being excited about the "Eddie" caps when they came out (I thought it was an"E" on the cap) but was later straighten out that it was a "C" for Cambell soup............Thank GOD :gulp: for the current SOX cap.........Hey if Gangtsa rappers love the cap, it can't be all bad........ :angry:

Bobby Thigpen
12-11-2003, 12:36 PM
I know I'm going to be in the minority here, but I hate the vests. My wife said it perfectly when she said they look like something that you could pick up at Wal-Mart or KMart. They look cheap and ridiculous.

I like the other three they have though. Probably my favorite Sox jersey of all time is the black ones, followed by the away greys. I like the white pinstripes one as well.

I do like the cursive E ones though to. My favorite Sox team ever wore those, the 90 team, so I'm a little partial to them.

doublem23
12-11-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
The current uniforms are the best. Don't change a thing. End of discussion.

Exactly.... I like the vest look, but only every now and then. The current Sox jerseys are perfect the way they are. We had a talk about this a while ago... The only thing I think would look good is if the Sox adopted a 2nd hat with the colors reversed (black S-O-X) on white. Other than that, don't touch the threads.

Baby Fisk
12-12-2003, 07:55 AM
One of the best things about the Sox is the amazing variety of unies over the years. It's something unique to this team that every era can be identified with a distinct look.

I love the classic Joe Jackson pinstripes with the "Big S" S-o-x logo.

I love the kick-ass navy road unies of the 1900s-1910s with the classy "CHICAGO" lettering (which made a comeback in the 70s the same time Veeck did).

I love the funky red pinstripes of the Melton-Allen era.

I love the red-white-&-blue Winning Ugly look. Holy ****! These unies looked like they were designed by a sugar-crazed 10-year-old. That giant SOX logo is all the rage now.

And I love the current trio of unies because they offer something for everyone: the Old English pinstripes; the stylin' road greys; and the Darth Vader blacks. With these unies, Sox management finally got something right. DON'T CHANGE A DAMN THING!

My picks:

1. 76-81 road navys
2. 91-03 alternate blacks
3. 87-90 curly C's

Everyone should check out George Bova's Sox Fans' Guide to Sox Uniforms on this site for the whole story.

(if I can figure out how to set up a poll, I'll get to it. I've always been curious to see the results.) :smile: