PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets.


Dadawg_77
12-10-2003, 05:18 PM
A question since it is rumored that people who work for the White Sox visit this site.

Realist
12-10-2003, 05:44 PM
Yikes. As of now, I'm the only person renewing my season tix.

MRKARNO
12-10-2003, 05:50 PM
My family buys into a plan which is being renewed

doogiec
12-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
A question since it is rumored that people who work for the White Sox visit this site.

Then we need to type slowly and use small words so the Sox marketing department can understand us.

Bobby Thigpen
12-10-2003, 09:05 PM
I'll probably get the Sox 7 if it's back. I go to 7 games a year at least anyway.

whitesoxwilkes
12-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Just sent my payment in Tuesday.

TornLabrum
12-10-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Bobby Thigpen
I'll probably get the Sox 7 if it's back. I go to 7 games a year at least anyway.

There is a rumor afloat which I haven't heard any confirmation of, that the Sox 7 will not be back.

ewokpelts
12-10-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
There is a rumor afloat which I haven't heard any confirmation of, that the Sox 7 will not be back.

they may make it only for the weekdays...cuz I'm sure some peeps are planning to buy cheep games at full price, and use the dollar game for flubs or opener
Gene

p.s. I do not plan to renew my plan exactly as it was last year...I may go up to the udr....why spend 627 for 27 games, when i can spend between 345-372 for the exact saem games up top?

BeerHandle
12-11-2003, 08:32 AM
I have had season tickets the last three years and am waiting to see what the Sox do in the offseason. As positive as I remain, I continue to get a little more negative every day. Somethiing good needs to happen this weekend at the MLB Winter Meetings. And I mean not hearing about the GM's giving single after single to the strippers at Rick's on Bourbon.

BeerHandle
12-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
A question since it is rumored that people who work for the White Sox visit this site.

You need to add to the ballot.

I will renew my tickets depending what the Sox do in the off season.

FanOf14
12-11-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by doogiec
Then we need to type slowly and use small words so the Sox marketing department can understand us.

LOL!

:gulp: Cheers to you! :gulp:

Dadawg_77
12-11-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
You need to add to the ballot.

I will renew my tickets depending what the Sox do in the off season.

With the deposit due shortly you won't have enough time to know all that the Sox do this off season. I won't put down the deposit when there is a good chance I won't renew.

Dadawg_77
12-11-2003, 09:43 AM
I wonder what the renewal rate for Sox tickets is so far. Here it is 50% and that will hurt White Sox if it is the case for the whole population.

npdempse
12-11-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
With the deposit due shortly you won't have enough time to know all that the Sox do this off season. I won't put down the deposit when there is a good chance I won't renew.

That's my deal as well. I may not do it just to save the money anyway, but their lack of activity and loss of so many players has made the decision really easy. I waited until April last year and still got good tickets. I'm really not going to sweat it if I don't get the same exact seats next year, if they field a decent team, if I feel like dropping the dough.

Iwritecode
12-11-2003, 01:53 PM
You should have made it so we can pick more than one answer. I live out of town so I really can't buy season tickets in the first place.

If I did live in town, I still couldn't afford to buy them. It just won't fit into my budget.

Finally, if I could afford to buy them, I probably wouldn't with the pitiful effort management has made to improve the team so far this off-season.

Dadawg_77
12-11-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
You should have made it so we can pick more than one answer. I live out of town so I really can't buy season tickets in the first place.

If I did live in town, I still couldn't afford to buy them. It just won't fit into my budget.

Finally, if I could afford to buy them, I probably wouldn't with the pitiful effort management has made to improve the team so far this off-season.

True but I would pick I live out of town option for that. I wanted to see how many people who were geographically able to buy tickets would.

cheeses_h_rice
12-11-2003, 02:11 PM
How about another option:

"Because the Sox have so few fans as it is, I'll probably just end up going down to 35th Street day of games and getting $32 tickets for $15."

BeerHandle
12-11-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
With the deposit due shortly you won't have enough time to know all that the Sox do this off season. I won't put down the deposit when there is a good chance I won't renew.

That is incorrect. I did not renew until Feb last year. Since the park is not all held by season ticket holders they stay on you till the end.

By Feb, we have a good idea of the makeup since the pitchers and catchers report in Feb. Just my thoughts.

mandmandm
12-11-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
That is incorrect. I did not renew until Feb last year. Since the park is not all held by season ticket holders they stay on you till the end.

By Feb, we have a good idea of the makeup since the pitchers and catchers report in Feb. Just my thoughts.

So you did not give the deposit and they contacted you when the balance was due?

Dadawg_77
12-11-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
That is incorrect. I did not renew until Feb last year. Since the park is not all held by season ticket holders they stay on you till the end.

By Feb, we have a good idea of the makeup since the pitchers and catchers report in Feb. Just my thoughts.

Now I could be wrong here, but I was under the understanding that one would have to place a deposit to renew their tickets. Maybe that is just to secure them if anyone else want them they could grab them. If that is a case if a mod wants to, please add the option the on the fence option.

BeerHandle
12-11-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Now I could be wrong here, but I was under the understanding that one would have to place a deposit to renew their tickets. Maybe that is just to secure them if anyone else want them they could grab them. If that is a case if a mod wants to, please add the option the on the fence option.

My rep called a few times a month to get an update and then I finally committed. I did the same thing the year before. I'm looking at my statement and it says it is dues 12/15/03. I may wait until Jan to decide. Hopefully, KW gets another pitcher at MLB Winter meetings which would drastically help my decision. No sense to give them money immediately, when I can have it work for me for another month or so. Why let them gain interest on my money.

mandmandm
12-11-2003, 02:57 PM
What kind or return on investment are we talking about for 45 days on less than $1000? I might be sending you some money to manage:) I am more concerned with making the commitment to the season tickets for next year and when the organization takes away my rights to those tickets.

Scotty347
12-11-2003, 03:03 PM
Deposit of $200 per seat needs to be received by the Sox by 12/15 to ensure renewal of the seats and to keep your "season ticket holder standing". I believe this is for seniority purposes.

I sent my deposit in today. As frustrated as I am I just couldn't back out. I really enjoyed last year and I would miss the Stadium Club too much.

I am considering moving from the lower box to the new premium upper box for 1 year and trying out the new upper deck. When I used my exchanged season tickets that were in the 2nd row up there they were great seats. Better than my lower deck seats that were way down the line.

ewokpelts
12-11-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Scotty347
Deposit of $200 per seat needs to be received by the Sox by 12/15 to ensure renewal of the seats and to keep your "season ticket holder standing". I believe this is for seniority purposes.

I sent my deposit in today. As frustrated as I am I just couldn't back out. I really enjoyed last year and I would miss the Stadium Club too much.

I am considering moving from the lower box to the new premium upper box for 1 year and trying out the new upper deck. When I used my exchanged season tickets that were in the 2nd row up there they were great seats. Better than my lower deck seats that were way down the line.

i'm leavin the bleachers for the upper deck...it's too damm expensive....