PDA

View Full Version : Magglio & the Mets

BackInBlack
12-10-2003, 04:48 PM
When Kaz Matsui signed with the Mets today, I went to the NY Mets ESPN Message Board and saw a little discussion about the the Amazin's wanting to work out a trade that would send Magglio Ordonez to Shea Stadium. Apparently Jim Duquette (Mets GM) said he hasn't spoken with Kenny Williams in a few weeks, and this helped disquel (is that really a word?) the rumors that something was in the works.

Anyway, I have 2 questions:

1. Has there been discussion of sending Magglio to the Mets over here at WSI?

2. Do you know of a WSI-type message board for the Mets.

Thank you in advance.

Win1ForMe
12-10-2003, 04:52 PM
There was a blurb about Magglio to the Mets in a Jayson Stark ESPN column last week...

Mammoo
12-10-2003, 04:52 PM
I think we should start a list of teams Maggs is rumoured not to be going to. It will be shorter. My God! :?:

Paulwny
12-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Duquette was on the Mike And The Mad Dog Show, WFAN/YES NET, after Matsui's press conference. He did say he hasn't talked to KW in a few weeks, this was in response to the question, were the mets still looking to trade Cedeno for Koch?.
Maggs was never mentioned.

hold2dibber
12-10-2003, 05:59 PM
If the Mets are after Maggs, I wonder what they'd be willing to give up. Now that they've signed Matsui, do you think they'd part with Reyes for Maggs? And as to anyone who knows Reyes, would he be worth it (or anywhere near worth it)? If Reyes is a sure fire stud SS, such a deal would solidify the SS position for years, allow the Sox to deal Valentin for pitching, and free up about $13.7 million (which probably would be enough to allow the Sox to sign a decent starting pitcher). Not sure if I would do it, but worth thinking about.

BackInBlack
12-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Being a New Yorker close to the situation, let me just say this:

Jose Reyes is the ONE untouchable member of the NY Mets.

And yes, he'd be worth it. The word "special" is often overused, but not in this case.

So fogettaboutit. Reyes ain't going nowhere.

Additionally, while I'm a New Yorker at the present moment, I have every intention of moving to Sweet Home Chicago when it comes time to raise the family.

Daver
12-10-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by BackInBlack

2. Do you know of a WSI-type message board for the Mets.

Thank you in advance.

Try this. (http://www.mofosports.net/)