PDA

View Full Version : FOX news anchors this AM Openly Questioning SOX Inactions this offseason

Hangar18
12-10-2003, 08:48 AM
Bruce Wolf was doing sports in the 6am hour, and he was Giddy
with cubby excitement Reporting the Cubs are officially in the Pudge Rodriguez Sweepstakes. He mentioned how the money is flying around the northside, seeing how close they got to the World Series. He also reported that the A-Rod to the Cubs is a very real possibility, and that to Not be Surprised if the Cubs ACQUIRED (unknown word on the southside) BOTH PLAYERS. Then they quickly went to replays of Bartolo Colon striking out guys from last season, "Meanwhile, on the SouthSide, the exodus of Talent continues, Colon signs a 4 yr deal with the Angels........thats it in sports".

The Anchors were both looking at him, as if he were going to say more about the SOX, but didnt. The male Anchor then says, "now wait a second, how many guys have the LOST from last season" When they realized it was 7 players from the team that they Chose NOT to resign, the ANCHOR Openly ASKED what the SOX were trying to ACCOMPLISH if they Were just letting their Players go to other teams. WOLF said its apparent
the White Sox are "Reshuffling the Deck" implying this is the first step towards REBUILDING. He mentioned Ordonez may not be long for this team........ which prompted Both ANCHORS to Shake Their Heads, looking down towards their Monitors, going TSK TSK TSK and saying "Thats Ashamed" "Tough times on the south side". THAT MY FRIENDS, might be the snapshot of the offseason

bestkosher
12-10-2003, 08:50 AM
sorry i missed that, thanks hangar for reporting on this

thepaulbowski
12-10-2003, 08:54 AM
Bruce Wolf, the only good regular sport anchor in this city.

miker
12-10-2003, 08:55 AM
I'm surprised they didn't blame this on the fans...

(warning: the following is simulated foul language which may offend - children always browse the WSI message boards with a parent)

"F" the media! What have they ever done for us?

poorme
12-10-2003, 08:56 AM
When are season ticket renewals due by?

Jerko
12-10-2003, 09:10 AM
I think my invoice said February sometimes.

Frank the Tank
12-10-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by miker
I'm surprised they didn't blame this on the fans...

Lou Canellis and the other CLTV douche bag blamed the fans last night for the Sox inactivity.

Hangar18
12-10-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
I think my invoice said February sometimes.

My Cousin, who I share my Season Tix with, ALREADY IS ANGERED BY ALL OF THIS, and said HES WAITING to see if he'll RENEW. He has Stated Publicly, He will NOT RENEW if the SOX dont get quality players/Up the Payroll. I may not be a Season Ticket Holder if this continues .......

PaulDrake
12-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
My Cousin, who I share my Season Tix with, ALREADY IS ANGERED BY ALL OF THIS, and said HES WAITING to see if he'll RENEW. He has Stated Publicly, He will NOT RENEW if the SOX dont get quality players/Up the Payroll. I may not be a Season Ticket Holder if this continues ....... Although now far removed from Chicago I strongly suspect you are not alone. I hope the Sox "braintrust" starts doing some things that change peoples minds.

mandmandm
12-10-2003, 09:23 AM
Downpayment is due on December 15. $200 per ticket. This is an email I fired off to my season ticket rep yesterday as well as KW and JR.

I have spent a lot of time considering whether to renew my season tickets. I have been a season ticket holder since 1999. In that time I have seen my season tickets nearly double in price, including a 29% increase from 2003 to 2004. I have had many good times at Comiskey Park over the last five years, averaging over 35 games a year. I have seen one division winner but no playoffs wins, no playoff series wins, no AL pennants, no world series championships. In the past I viewed my season tickets as a family heirloom that I would keep for a lifetime and pass down to my children. My feelings are changing.

This off season has started off in a manner very similar to many past off seasons under the Jerry Reinsdorf ownership. Kenny Williams has admitted failure in the organization's attempt to resign all of their free agents, including their number one priority, Bartlo Colon. After getting a tax payer funded stadium, corporate naming rights fees, and a surge in attendance last year due to the all star game, the organization has stated that they are not willing to invest their money to field a winner in 2004. While the Sox have sat on their hands this off season the Cubs have made moves to improve themselves after coming within one game of going to the world series in 2003.

My season tickets are a luxury item for my family and I. I do not claim them as business expense nor do I split the cost with others. Off the top of my head, I can not think of any item in my budget that has doubled in price since 1999. While the off season runs into spring training, the next seven days will determine whether I renew my season tickets. If I do not believe the 2004 team is better than the 2003 team on the day the deposit is due I will not renew my season tickets. As much as this ownership has angered me I have continued to support the White Sox. But until the organization is willing to make a financial commitment to winning a world championship, I refuse to make a financial commitment to the organization.

miker
12-10-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by mandmandm
As much as this ownership has angered me I have continued to support the White Sox. But until the organization is willing to make a financial commitment to winning a world championship, I refuse to make a financial commitment to the organization.
JR and the media are right - it is the fans fault.

Hangar18
12-10-2003, 09:45 AM
Mandmandm, that is an EXCELLENT email. You PRETTY MUCH
SUMMED UP exactly what my cousin said to me. He said why should he invest all that Money and his Time, if the SOX are De-Investing Money. What angers me, is the team up north is
passing 90 Million for their Payroll, and their PATCHING HOLES,
while were Creating Holes. unbelievable.

FanOf14
12-10-2003, 09:56 AM
My Cousin, who I share my Season Tix with, ALREADY IS ANGERED BY ALL OF THIS, and said HES WAITING to see if he'll RENEW. He has Stated Publicly, He will NOT RENEW if the SOX dont get quality players/Up the Payroll. I may not be a Season Ticket Holder if this continues .......

I seem to be seeing this sentiment regularly the last month or so on the various sox boards. It's a shame seeing how weak the Sox' division is; they should be spending a few extra dollars or at least trying to acquire knowing there is a good chance it will get us to the post season.

Rocky Soprano
12-10-2003, 10:10 AM
Someone please wake me up and tell me that this is all a dream.

The Cubs are now becoming serious in trying to win while the Sox are becoming worse than the Tigers!

Please be a bad dream!

joecrede
12-10-2003, 10:26 AM
I'm very happy the FOX News anchors aren't running the Sox.

This team has to be unafraid to do what needs to be done in order to give itself the best opportunity to win. In my opinion, that means moving the contracts of Konerko and Koch and more than likely Ordonez.

Substance, winning, the total team, has always been more important to White Sox fans than the individual player. That is one of the most admirable things that seperates us from Cubs fans.

ssang
12-10-2003, 10:32 AM
I have already officially given up my season tickets. My dad had them before me, and my grandfather before him. We've had tickets since the 1940's !!! Why should I pay for tickets for a team that is raising ricket prices YET AGAIN and is only getting worse and decreasing a payroll from a team that didn't even win the worst division in baseball last season??? The answer is that I shouldn't re-new them.

I am so pissed I don't know what to do. I might just stop following baseball alltogether. I mean this is such B.S.!!!! If we thought the Cubs owned this town before.....we're in for a world of pain now! We're entering uncharted terriotry that started at the end of last season. Until Jerry Reinsdorf dies (He'll live to 150) we are dead and pathetic. How sad.

Rocky Soprano
12-10-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by joecrede

This team has to be unafraid to do what needs to be done in order to give itself the best opportunity to win. In my opinion, that means moving the contracts of Konerko and Koch and more than likely Ordonez.

They want us to think that, they want uss to say, well they have to trade Maggs/Lee because we cant afford them.

Im sick and tired of thinking that way. WE LIVE IN FREAKING CHICAGO! When will they realize that they need to raise the payroll? That in my opinion is what needs to happen, act like a large market team and raise the payroll!

longshot7
12-10-2003, 10:38 AM
That Anchor is on crack if he thinks the Scrubs are getting ARod. He is definitely going to Boston.

Baby Fisk
12-10-2003, 10:44 AM
**CRASH!!!!** (the sound of Baby Fisk pushing his face through a pane of glass)

Dadawg_77
12-10-2003, 10:58 AM
Can we get a "Die Jerry Die" tag since the likelihood of him selling is remote. The only way this team can compete in this city is with his corpse under six feet of dirt unless the unlikely event Jerry decides to sell that team. One of those option is the only way the Sox become a credible team again.

Lip Man 1
12-10-2003, 11:20 AM
Remember folks months ago some on the boards here at WSI were warning you that Reinsdorf would not be forced into doing something simply because the Cubs are now operating as a major market team.

Lip

Hangar18
12-10-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Can we get a "Die Jerry Die" tag since the likelihood of him selling is remote. The only way this team can compete in this city is with his corpse under six feet of dirt unless the unlikely event Jerry decides to sell that team. One of those option is the only way the Sox become a credible team again.

How much does anyone want to bet that Jerry Reinsdorf will Live to be 150? Knowing our luck, thats EXACTLY how long hes
going to live and wreak havoc on us.....

kittle42
12-10-2003, 11:55 AM
If it gets to the point that we all fear it may when the season starts, is there any way we could initiate one of those mass walkout things at a game? I know it wouldn't be possible to get the whole stadium to do it, but I think we could engineer an entire section if many of us bought tickets in the same section.

It wouldn't solve a damn thing, but it would at least get some press regarding how disgusted we all are with JR.

idseer
12-10-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Remember folks months ago some on the boards here at WSI were warning you that Reinsdorf would not be forced into doing something simply because the Cubs are now operating as a major market team.

Lip

lip, i always said you were mostly on the money and i recall the crap you put up with by telling it like it is. i always understood you weren't just negative but, sadly, realistic. i'm sure you take little pleasure in being right here. but i'm glad you keep telling it like it is.

Hangar18
12-10-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

I remember Lip Getting a little Flack (not Roberta either) regarding
that statement too. Lips usually on the money with his comments, though some regard it as "negative". I personally like to hear the "postive" AND the "negative" comments, helps me Formulate what everyones thinking overall .....

Hangar18
12-10-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by kittle42
If it gets to the point that we all fear it may when the season starts, is there any way we could initiate one of those mass walkout things at a game? I know it wouldn't be possible to get the whole stadium to do it, but I think we could engineer an entire section if many of us bought tickets in the same section.

It wouldn't solve a damn thing, but it would at least get some press regarding how disgusted we all are with JR.

HEY ...... We can Do this on OPENING DAY. EVERYONE...just make as Many Banners and Signs as possible. SELL JERRY SELL
NEW OWNERSHIP NEEDED etc etc. Opening Day always gets the most Media Coverage for the SOX, and WE COULD MAKE A STATEMENT BY WORKING TOGETHER. I cant believe I threw away my Banner "Cut Payroll, Trade Reinsdorf". Little did I know Id be using it again. If anyones Curious, I made that banner back during the 1992 Season. Back then, the SOX were on the RISE, and REINSDORF made a Comment in the Papers, which Irked many Fans, (and Made Heads in the Media do a Double-Take) that he was Going to Eventually have to CUT PAYROLL in the near Future. I was angered and a Banner was
Born .....

maurice
12-10-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
the other CLTV douche bag

The same idiot who complained last year that he prefers to go to Wrigley, because "you have to drive to get to the Cell."

:?:

kittle42
12-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by maurice
The same idiot who complained last year that he prefers to go to Wrigley, because "you have to drive to get to the Cell."

:?:

So *that's* the guy I saw driving his car on the red line tracks.

thepaulbowski
12-10-2003, 02:44 PM
HEY ...... We can Do this on OPENING DAY.

That's assuming we show up on opening day.

steff
12-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by poorme
When are season ticket renewals due by?

2/2/04

steff
12-10-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by kittle42

Umm.. I'm not leaving the park. Maybe we could just head down to the bar..? :D:

StillMissOzzie
12-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by steff
2/2/04

Hmmmm... conveniently right after SoxFest. I sure hope that there's some positive news by then. JR & KW have usually had some "earh-shaking" news that they release on the eve of SoxFest, just to get the buzz going.

SMO
:gulp:

34rancher
12-10-2003, 05:27 PM
I am done. I sent back my Soxfest tix. I am not renewing my season tix. For that matter MLB can go stick where the sun don't shine, because I will be damned if I ever spend another cent for baseball. I remember when it used to be about winning and playing a great game, and I am only 31 for pete's sake. Screw 'em all. Here is my promise......I will never enter another stadium as long as I live. I vow to never watch another game on TV.

kempsted
12-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Did these insiteful Fox anchors also question the inactivity and losing of players of all the other teams as well?

OK Folks lets look at the Facts. These are the lost or let go for each team so far.

American League
Angels: Owens, Speizio, Fullmer, Wise

Baltimore: Batista, Corrasco, Cruz, Erickson, Fordyce, Belle, Hentgen, Littenberg

Boston: Burkett, Hasselman, Todd Jones, Person, Suppan, Walker, Fossum, Lyon

Cleveland: Burks

Detroit: Halter, Walbeck

KC: DiFelice, Levine, Lima, Lloyd, Mayne, Prince, Rondell White, Jamey Write, Abbott, Ibanez, Tucker

Minnesota: Fetters, Gomez, Hocking, Reed, Kenny Rogers, Guardado, Hawkins, Milton, Orosco, Pierzynski

Yankees: Nelson, Osuna, Choate, Clemens, Nick Johnson, Rivera, Sojo

Oakland: Jose Guillen, Sparks, Halama, Hernandez, Lilly, Long, Singleton

Seatte: Benitez, Cameron, Mabry, McLemore, Rhodes, Sanchez

Tamba Bay: Grieve, Lee, Martin, Rey Ordonez, Shumpert

Rangers: Juan Gonzalez, Palmeiro, Valdes, John Thomson

Toronto: Lidle, Sturtze, Bordick Creek, Escobar, Keilty

National Leage:

Arizona: Batista, Felix Jose, Raul Mondesi, Mike Myers, Capuano, Counsell, Mark Grace, Moeller, Overbay, Schilling, Spivey

Atlanta: Bragg, Franco, Roberto Hernandez, Holmes, Javy Lopez, Greg Maddux, Merker, Reynolds, Sheffield, Castilla, Fick

Cubs: ALfonseca, Estes, Glanville, Guthrie, Karros, Lofton, O'Leary, Veres, Womack, Choi

Cincinnati: Dempster

Colorado: Oliver, Stynes, Zaun, Belliard, Juan Uribe

Florida: Helling, Hollandsworth, Ivan Rodriguez, Urbina, Andy Fox, Derrek Lee

Houston: Merced, Moehler, Villone, Rick White, Wagner

Los Angeles: Ashby, Burnitz, Coomer, Henderson, Brian Joran, Fred McGriff, Kinkade, Quantrill, Ward

Milwaukee: Royce Clayton, Osikk, Ritchie, Rusch, Nance, Sexson

Montreal: Cordero, Vladimir Guerrero, Mercedes, Tatis, Zeile, Varzquez

Mets: Astacio, Jay Bell, Tony Clark, Shinjo

Philadelphia: Terry Adams, Jose Mesa, Stinnett, Wendell, Michael Williams, Duckworth, Punto, Silva

Pittsburgh: Meares, Reboulet, Pokey Reese, Reggie Sanders, Tavarez, D'Amico, Stairs

St. Louis: Cairo, DeJean, Fassero, Giradi, Hithcock, Painter, Springer, Stephenson, Tomko, Tino Martinez, Eduardo Perez, Vina

San Diego: Kotsay, Matthews Jr.

SanFranciso: Aurilia, Benard, Jose Cruz Jr, Andres Galarraga, Ponson, Santiago, Eric Young, Joe Nathan, Tim Worrell

All these teams with all these subtractions and very few with significant additions. i.e. If we stop the Myopic look at the White Sox we will see it is the same all over. Look especially at the names on the two run away division winners in the NL last year SF and Atlanta.