PDA

View Full Version : Is Jerry selling the team?

bestkosher
12-10-2003, 09:44 AM
Might jerry be looking for a way to sell the team?

First he is clearing up salary to make the team look more managable for 2005.

KW has been trading away a lot of youth, meaning that the new owners will beable to start ou from scratch.

US Cellular will be finished in 2005 and will be highly marketable.

2005 will be a good year for FA's

Jerry has let go of two of his recent buddies and replaced them. which with loyal Jerry is a big deal; Jon Paxson and Kenny Williams.

miker
12-10-2003, 09:51 AM
Or is he is just further embracing the Wirtz-McCaskey business model for "successful" sports franchises in Chicago?

Frank the Tank
12-10-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by bestkosher

I really doubt it. But JR out of town would be one hell of a Christmas present.

Realist
12-10-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by miker
Or is he is just further embracing the Wirtz-McCaskey business model for "successful" sports franchises in Chicago?

This forum needs some sort of "barf-alert" heading for all threads that include the name of the Blackhawk's owner.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prior to this off-season, I thought the Sox had the best owner in Chicago sports (yeah, I know... that ain't sayin' much) because he did manage to brings 6 world champions to the Bulls and he at least SEEMED to be trying to bring a winner to the Sox too.

Supposedly the guy that owns U.S. Cellular Phone Co. is a huge Sox fan, too bad he doesn't have the chips to take the Sox off "Dodger" Reinsdorf's hands.

ssang
12-10-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by bestkosher

First he is clearing up salary to make the team look more managable for 2005.

KW has been trading away a lot of youth, meaning that the new owners will beable to start ou from scratch.

US Cellular will be finished in 2005 and will be highly marketable.

2005 will be a good year for FA's

Jerry has let go of two of his recent buddies and replaced them. which with loyal Jerry is a big deal; Jon Paxson and Kenny Williams.

HA!!! Not even in any of our wildest dreams would JR sell this franchise. NEVER! The only way he ain't running the show is if he dies. And so far I can't recall a single human being who hasn't died at some point. However, with that said, knowing what we have gone through as Sox fans.....Reinsdorf will live to be 125 years old. So in the year 2050 when JR dies, we will probably increase payroll and compete for a pennant. I soooo excited that I can barley wait! 2050 is the year of the White Sox. JR's death = White Sox revival.

miker
12-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Realist
This forum needs some sort of "barf-alert" heading for all threads that include the name of the Blackhawk's owner.

I'm sure WSI's best people are working on that as we speak...

Originally posted by Realist
Prior to this off-season, I thought the Sox had the best owner in Chicago sports (yeah, I know... that ain't sayin' much) because he did manage to brings 6 world champions to the Bulls and he at least SEEMED to be trying to bring a winner to the Sox too.
I used to think the same thing. Now I believe that sometimes, people just get lucky...

miker
12-10-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by ssang
HA!!! Not even in any of our wildest dreams would JR sell this franchise. NEVER! The only way he ain't running the show is if he dies. And so far I can't recall a single human being who hasn't died at some point. However, with that said, knowing what we have gone through as Sox fans.....Reinsdorf will live to be 125 years old. So in the year 2050 when JR dies, we will probably increase payroll and compete for a pennant. I soooo excited that I can barley wait! 2050 is the year of the White Sox. JR's death = White Sox revival.

I'm uncomfortable with wishing the demise for our less-than-benevolent owner...with our luck, he's probably a vampire.

MisterB
12-10-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by miker
I'm uncomfortable with wishing the demise for our less-than-benevolent owner...with our luck, he's probably a vampire.

Well, he's certainly sucked the life out of the Sox fan base.

FanOf14
12-10-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by MisterB
Well, he's certainly sucked the life out of the Sox fan base.

Wouldn't that make him a hoover or eurika then? :D:

voodoochile
12-10-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by FanOf14
Wouldn't that make him a hoover or eurika then? :D:

More like a kenmore. You know JR would never spring for a name brand...

FanOf14
12-10-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
More like a kenmore. You know JR would never spring for a name brand...

LMAO! This is true.

Baby Fisk
12-10-2003, 11:33 AM
:reinsy
"Listen to them: these customers of mine... What sweet music they make! mwa ha ha ha ha! Hey! What the--?!--"

:selljerry

guillen4life13
12-10-2003, 05:23 PM
Of what I've heard, the next person in line to take over the team is JR's son.

Realist
12-10-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
Of what I've heard, the next person in line to take over the team is JR's son.

Great. So it's gonna be like when Bill W**** took over for Arthur W****.