PDA

View Full Version : Freddy Garcia

ukigdog
12-10-2003, 08:12 AM
I read on rotoworld.com that freddy garcia may get a non tender now that they signed guardado and resigned hasegawa. They are looking to free up money to make a run at tejada, and they might non tender him.

Weather it be from picking him up or from a trade, do you think hell be in a white sox uni next year? I hope so, that makes for a good #4 starter. If the sox can still get a ponson, then the rotation would be :

1. Loaiza
2. Buehrle
3. Ponson
4. Garcia
5. Garland

I like that rotation, better than last year i think.

Iguana775
12-10-2003, 08:21 AM
if that happened, it would be amazing. but i doubt KW will sign anyone. this offseason is depressing.

Frank the Tank
12-10-2003, 09:45 AM
That is the exact same pitching line-up I would love to see. However, I think it is a long shot at this point. Kenny Williams more or less conceded the fact that nothing will get done this offseason.

BeerHandle
12-10-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
That is the exact same pitching line-up I would love to see. However, I think it is a long shot at this point. Kenny Williams more or less conceded the fact that nothing will get done this offseason.

Frank The Tank: are you hitting Home Depot and if you have time, maybe Bed, Bath & Beyond?

When did KW concede nothing will happen this offseason. The last I saw is that he has many options. Since Colon is gone, I'm sure he is on Plan B or even C.

Frank the Tank
12-10-2003, 09:58 AM
When plan B and C means putting: Roward, Harris, Borchard, Uribe, Cotts, Honel, etc.. in the everday line-up, I call it a concession. I don't know the exact quote, but KW said something like: "I'm just like everybody else, eating popcorn and watching the trades", when asked to comment on the FA acquistions of Boston and NY. Meaning we don't have a prayer of signing anyone worth a damn. I hope you can prove me wrong. KW this year is like a kid in a candy store with only 5 cents in his pocket.

BeerHandle
12-10-2003, 10:15 AM
I agree with the 5 Cents in his pocket. JR needs to step up and raise this self imposed budget of $58 mil to at least $70 mil. Even the tight - ass Cubs are going to be over $70 mil.

jabrch
12-10-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
I agree with the 5 Cents in his pocket. JR needs to step up and raise this self imposed budget of $58 mil to at least $70 mil. Even the tight - ass Cubs are going to be over $70 mil.

Over 70? They will be over 90!

jabrch
12-10-2003, 11:08 AM
The problem with Freddy - as I have posted before - is that his teammates have accused him of hitting the bottle heavily - even on nights before his starts. If he has this under control then great. He has good stuff. If not - I'd duck him.

WhiteSoxWinner
12-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
Since Colon is gone, I'm sure he is on Plan B or even C.

I am so tired of having to revert to plans B, C, D, E, and F every year. When are the Sox ever going to make Plan A work? Every year there is a plan A, and it never happens, so we move down the alphabet to next plan. This is so frustrating.

joeynach
12-10-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank

Either nothing will get done, or something huge will get done in a massive salary dump that will bring in young prospects and minor leagers. Which is worse, u tell me. Right now we look like the white sox in 2003 before the break, we all know how that ended. Oh yeah minus Colon, Graff, and Flash. We are looking like absolute ****, if we dont replace them.

hold2dibber
12-10-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSoxWinner
I am so tired of having to revert to plans B, C, D, E, and F every year. When are the Sox ever going to make Plan A work? Every year there is a plan A, and it never happens, so we move down the alphabet to next plan. This is so frustrating.

Actually, last year Plan A came together perfectly. The Sox added a top of the rotation starter, a couple good bullpen arms and made 2 off season acquisition of prime-time players. Unfortunately, they had a useless manager and players without stones. What a wasted opportunity.

lowesox
12-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Actually, last year Plan A came together perfectly. The Sox added a top of the rotation starter, a couple good bullpen arms and made 2 off season acquisition of prime-time players. Unfortunately, they had a useless manager and players without stones. What a wasted opportunity.

Yeah, the offseason is supposed to make you hyped about the upcoming year. But this year, it's making me more and more depressed about how we let things slip away.

If Kenny had fired Manuel early on like EVERYBODY said to, well... I guess we'll never know.

RichH55
12-10-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Yeah, the offseason is supposed to make you hyped about the upcoming year. But this year, it's making me more and more depressed about how we let things slip away.

If Kenny had fired Manuel early on like EVERYBODY said to, well... I guess we'll never know.

Colon wasnt added by this time last year either...CALM DOWN

missing out on the likes of Vina is probably a good thing