PDA

View Full Version : Out of interest...

lowesox
12-10-2003, 12:12 AM
How many people really think Paul Konerko will have a bad year next year? Personally, I think he'll have a very good year. AFter all, with some exceptions Konerko's been a fairly consistent hitter. I think having such a poor start to last season will propel him to be even better next year.

That said, I still think we should trade him - mainly because I don't think he's a good fit for this team. We need to be more of a national league type of team.

But unlike others, I'll be sad to see him go.

kempsted
12-10-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by lowesox
How many people really think Paul Konerko will have a bad year next year? Personally, I think he'll have a very good year. AFter all, with some exceptions Konerko's been a fairly consistent hitter. I think having such a poor start to last season will propel him to be even better next year.

That said, I still think we should trade him - mainly because I don't think he's a good fit for this team. We need to be more of a national league type of team.

But unlike others, I'll be sad to see him go.

Paul Konerko did not have just a poor start last year. He had a poor start last year and a poor finish. He also had a poor post all star game performance the year before. He basically had one half of a good year in his career.

poorme
12-10-2003, 09:31 AM
Who knows with this guy? Given 500 AB's, I'd guess .275 22 HR.

Bobby Thigpen
12-10-2003, 09:35 AM
If he was so terrible except for the first half of 2002, what about the good numbers that he put up in 2000 and 2001. This argument that he's only had one good 3 month span in his career is wearing a little thin. He was a consistent hitter until the post All-Star break in 2002. Since then it has been pretty ugly, I can't argue that, but what about his numbers before the All-Star game? Please come up with some more obscure reasons to throw them out the window.