PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the interview....

Tragg
12-09-2003, 11:09 PM
with Pete Ward.
Last year it was JC Martin - this year Pete Ward. I expect the little package of dynamite, Walter Williams, next year!

Means a lot to us who remember 1967 - which was my first year following the Sox at the tender age of 10

Well done!

Lip Man 1
12-10-2003, 01:27 AM
Thank you! Remember I've also interviewed Gary Peters and Ed Herrmann off that club. You can find those interviews in the WSI Interviews archive on the main page.

Lip

StillMissOzzie
12-10-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
with Pete Ward.
Last year it was JC Martin - this year Pete Ward. I expect the little package of dynamite, Walter Williams, next year!

Means a lot to us who remember 1967 - which was my first year following the Sox at the tender age of 10

Well done!

Me too, Tragg! While I recall watching both the Scrubs & Sox on channel 9, the Sox were in the first pennant race that I actually followed - (me also at age 10 :o: ), and I think that's what helped steer me away from the dark side, just in time for the famous '69 Scrub collapse / Met freight train.

SMO
:gulp:

Tragg
12-14-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Thank you! Remember I've also interviewed Gary Peters and Ed Herrmann off that club. You can find those interviews in the WSI Interviews archive on the main page.

Lip

I didn't realize it before - but you're the guy who wrote the great book on the Sox? I picked it up 20 or so years ago when I was in Chicago and it has been a permanent resident on my bedroom bookshelf ever since. What a great read.

And Stillmiss, I liked both teams back then (actually, until the invention of the internet or the hiring of chimp carey - not sure which one officially turned me off) - but for some reason (Friendly Bob Adams), Red Rush and Bob Elson were broadcast into Lafayette La where I lived, so Sox were always #1

TheRockinMT
12-15-2003, 12:27 PM
I thank you also for that interview. The 1967 Sox are still the fondest memories I have of all the years I have followed the team and that goes back to 1959. I remember a couple games in particular in '67 where Pete Ward was the star. I remember listening to a Twins broadcast (which is all we could get in my area) where Pete hit a 2 run homer in the bottom of the 8th off Dean Chance and the Sox won 3-2 at Comiskey. I can still remember the deafening crowd cheer over the radio and it just kept going and the twins announcers couldn't and didn't say a thing. I also remember Pete hitting two scorching line drive ground rule doubles to right at Yankee Stadium as Gary Peters shut out the Yanks 9-0. Great year!

Lip Man 1
12-15-2003, 12:59 PM
Tragg:

I think you are confusing me with WSI friend, Rich Lindberg. Whom I also interviewed for WSI. You can find that interview in the same location as the players!

Lip

Tragg
12-15-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Tragg:

I think you are confusing me with WSI friend, Rich Lindberg. Whom I also interviewed for WSI. You can find that interview in the same location as the players!

Lip

My mistake - you're right.
Well, yall should team up and write a new edition of his book!