PDA

View Full Version : Carl Everrett

BamaDoc
12-09-2003, 06:44 PM
He may be described as a grinder, but he made 9 million last year. If it was your checkbook what would you offer? Unless I knew I was trading Lee so I could move Everett to left, I don't see a spot. If then only 3 million? You don't see a "star" come back to the same team for that kind of pay cut. That is when you hear the lack of respect comments come out. Alomar, Maddux, Rodriguez, and many others have the ego to prevent taking a big cut as they become less productive or injury prone.

hold2dibber
12-09-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by BamaDoc
He may be described as a grinder, but he made 9 million last year. If it was your checkbook what would you offer? Unless I knew I was trading Lee so I could move Everett to left, I don't see a spot. If then only 3 million? You don't see a "star" come back to the same team for that kind of pay cut. That is when you hear the lack of respect comments come out. Alomar, Maddux, Rodriguez, and many others have the ego to prevent taking a big cut as they become less productive or injury prone.

The Sox didn't offer him arbitration Sunday. Therefore, they can't negotiate with him until May 1st. Therefore, he is not coming back, no matter what happens with respect to Lee (or Ordonez).

StepsInSC
12-09-2003, 07:04 PM
He's received an offer from the D-rays

linky (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-devilrays-everett&prov=ap&type=lgns)

FarmerAndy
12-09-2003, 07:07 PM
The Devil Ray's are actually trying to get better. It's sad, but they could be better than us in 2004.

soxwon
12-09-2003, 07:49 PM
will one of you fans - figure out our current payroll without the Castoffs- alomar-everitt-sullivan-graff-colon-gordon- now we can see what were working with.
thank you

StockdaleForVeep
12-09-2003, 07:50 PM
Id offer him fielding lessons and 4 beans for him to grow a beanstalk and leave center field

BeerHandle
12-10-2003, 09:26 AM
ESPN.COM is reporting Free agent outfielder Carl Everett received a contract proposal Tuesday from the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, who think they can improve significantly by adding a power hitter.