PDA

View Full Version : It has more to do with ineptitude than salary constraints ...

Gumshoe
12-09-2003, 05:55 PM
Gentleman, please look at the facts:

Since 2000, we have have PLENTY of chances to win our division. We made some really bad moves in terms of chemistry that backfired, some decent moves to help the team, and other moves that were just plain awful from the getgo.

Can you honestly look back on 2001,2002, and 2003 and say that we didn't win just because we didn't have a HUGE payroll? For the love of God, last year we could have won the whole darn thing, but the organization couldn't make the big move of firing JM early on. If it isn't one thing, it's another. I'm not going to talk about KW's bad trades .... they are obvious and we've already had discussion of these. But the point is, we have a weak division and the guys running our team, even though they claim they can only spend such-and-such an amount, aren't doing it well! KW and JR, aside from JR's being cheap, are just not good baseball men, PERIOD.

Now, we must suffer until JR sells and KW gets fired. I know "a lot can happen at the winter meetings" but who are we going to get? It's a joke. Sidney Ponson will save us, hurrah!

Stupid + cheap + insulting fan base year after year = WORST organization EVER

It pains me to say it. It's true though. We'll never win with JR as the owner.

NEVER

Gumshoe

chuckn98229
12-09-2003, 06:15 PM
Agree that the Sox will never win with JR as owner. Look at the Bulls, look at the Sox - pathetic excuses for professional organizations. They can't do the basics and they don't treat people right.

cornball
12-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Last year was our best chance to win the division. Remember the payroll would have been 75MM if we had to pay Alomar and Everitt's salary.