PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we should just wait till the season starts

MRKARNO
12-09-2003, 04:48 PM
I know that personally I look a ton at baseball over the offseason, but I'm beginning to wonder if I should just focus on the NFL and NBA for the time being so that I dont have to get so depressed every day thinking about the sox. Not every day will be a good news day in the offseason. I personally probably need a break from baseball until February and I'm thinking we might all be better served by not fretting about next season until there is news instead of fretting over the lack of news.

kittle42
12-09-2003, 06:44 PM
All I have to say about my sports worries for the next three weeks after today's multitude of lack-of-signing debacles is...........................................

GO U NORTHWESTERN!

StockdaleForVeep
12-09-2003, 06:49 PM
Some teams can shock ya, who knows, anahiem and marlins shocked people when they werent considered playoff material

maurice
12-09-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I'm beginning to wonder if I should just focus on the NFL and NBA for the time being so that I dont have to get so depressed every day thinking about the sox.

If you're a fan of Chicago teams, focusing on the NFL, NBA, and/or NHL will only make you more depressed.

pearso66
12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
completely true maurice. The only 3 players I was sad to see leave were Colon, Gordon, and Alomar. That being said, I think Colon wanted too much money, I think instead of the "hometown bargain" he wanted moer to play for us. I think he would have taken less to go elsewhere. I wasn't to happy with the Uribe trade. But at least we gave up someone who wasn't gonna get a chance anyway.

MRKARNO
12-09-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by maurice
If you're a fan of Chicago teams, focusing on the NFL, NBA, and/or NHL will only make you more depressed.

But you can be depressed with one less team by somewhat ignoring the sox for a month

Huisj
12-09-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Not every day will be a good news day in the offseason.

or, in this offseason, not any day

chisoxt
12-09-2003, 08:39 PM
Maybe we should just wait till the season starts

Good idea. I think that I'll use that same approach and not waste any money on tickets until after the season starts. That is, if I waste any money at all.