PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding?

cornball
12-09-2003, 04:14 PM
Seems like we are are in the complete rebuilding mode. It is very difficult to field a winning team when ignore the free agent market.

Tekijawa
12-09-2003, 04:19 PM
If you think that's difficult wait until we try and play a game without a 2nd baseman, and start the season with a four man rotation!

MRKARNO
12-09-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
If you think that's difficult wait until we try and play a game without a 2nd baseman, and start the season with a four man rotation!

with Schoenweis as one of the four

cornball
12-09-2003, 04:23 PM
is it too early to panic?

MRKARNO
12-09-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by cornball

Yes. The time to panic is at the end of april. Remember, Esteban Loaiza was an afterthought who was invited to spring training. By the end of April he was 5-0 with a 1.25 ERA. You certianly can't count on something like that, but a lot of players are coming off of down years and if Crede and Konerko are as good as they can be for a whole season, then that would help the team a ton. If Reed is ready, look out.

lowesox
12-09-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Yes. The time to panic is at the end of april. Remember, Esteban Loaiza was an afterthought who was invited to spring training. By the end of April he was 5-0 with a 1.25 ERA. You certianly can't count on something like that, but a lot of players are coming off of down years and if Crede and Konerko are as good as they can be for a whole season, then that would help the team a ton. If Reed is ready, look out.

No, no. It is indeed time to panic. We've successfully ignored virtually all of the "difference-making" FAs and the only whispers we're hearing is to trade away our core players. IF we had another GM I wouldn't be overly concerned to hear that we have build the team through trades, but we have Kenny.

At this point, I'm all for rebuilding - and firing Kenny's ass.

DirtySouthsider
12-09-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by cornball

Yes it is. There is alot that can still happen. Yes...the Sox have been quiet so far, but the season doesn't start next week. There are alot of teams out there that still haven't made a move yet either. If you subtract the Red Sox , Yanks and Cubs then all the other moves have been pretty minor.
So I just don't understand why a lot of fans are on the ledge ready to jump already. There are obvious moves that are going to be made by the Sox before the season starts so be patient and at least wait to see if they are positive or negative.

MRKARNO
12-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
At this point, I'm all for rebuilding - and firing Kenny's ass.

Why is it Kenny's fault that we have only a 58 million dollar payroll?

Tekijawa
12-09-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Why is it Kenny's fault that we have only a 58 million dollar payroll?

That's right we all know it's the neighborhood, the steap upperdeck, and the Blue Seats fault!

KingXerxes
12-09-2003, 04:50 PM
The problem I have with this upcoming season is that even when I look optimistically at Crede, Konerko, Loaiza etc. I don't come up with that great of a team. In order to have a great year, you need guys to step up out of nowhere and have very good seasons on top of guys who are going to have great seasons year-in and year-out. While offensively we could be in very good shape if EVERYTHING breaks the right way, I don't see where we have anywhere near enough pitching to be very good at all.

I'm not in a state of panic - but I am a bit concerned......call it early labor.