PDA

View Full Version : AL Central breakdown at sportsline.com

chosk8
12-09-2003, 03:36 PM
"With Bartolo Colon as good as gone, the White Sox are going to have an uphill battle against division rivals Twins and Royals. Eric Mack breaks down the do's and don'ts in the AL Central and says the team that makes the smartest moves the next two weeks should finish first."

Entire article at...
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6905838

MRKARNO
12-09-2003, 03:44 PM
Key to offseason

Not appearing cheap. With the cross-town Cubs in a buy mode, the White Sox really stand to lose out in their own town. You are the only big-market team in this division -- act like it . A front-line starter is certainly a need. Bartolo Colon might be impossible to retain, but turning around and sending out sluggers like Ordonez and/or Lee would just compound things.

SouthSideHitman
12-09-2003, 10:37 PM
MRKARNO, you're thinking just what I was when I read the article. Given that the Colon thing has become reality, I think that JR really needs to step up to the plate here. I mean look at our division! Given the strength of our team last year and the surge in attendence that we saw with serious contention, now is the time to stike. Put another $10 mil into the club now and it could pay huge dividends but settle for less in a terrrible division and lose again and you'll just see more fan apathy/disillusionment and rightfully so.

nasox
12-10-2003, 12:01 AM
exactly what we have said on these boards. To bad, JR is a moron and an idiot and won't do these things.

lowesox
12-10-2003, 12:15 AM
I think the key for us is going to be getting another good starter and building the pen. Screw the offense. I actually have some optimism about what Harris could do at 2b. And I like Rowand.

I know its reported that we're not interested, but I think if we can get Ponson it will be huge. I actually see him as an upgrade to Bartolo.

ondafarm
12-10-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by nasox
exactly what we have said on these boards. To bad, JR is a moron and an idiot and won't do these things.

The key is " . . . the only big-market team in this division -- act like it."

But we all know JR is too cheap.

Realist
12-10-2003, 07:27 AM
Holy crap. I completely agree with everything that guy wrote. That don't happen too often.