PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Insider info on the Sox

cbrownson13
12-09-2003, 02:30 PM
ESPN Insider has the Sox, among several other teams as contenders to aquire Sidney Ponson.

Iwritecode
12-09-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by cbrownson13
ESPN Insider has the Sox, among several other teams as contenders to acquire Sidney Ponson.

They pretty much include the Sox because they are (desperately) in need of starting pitching. It doesn't mean they are actively pursuing him.

In fact, there was a southtown article posted here earlier that said they definitely were not interested because his asking price is too high.

DirtySouthsider
12-09-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
They pretty much include the Sox because they are (desperately) in need of starting pitching. It doesn't mean they are actively pursuing him.

In fact, there was a southtown article posted here earlier that said they definitely were not interested because his asking price is too high.

Is his price still too high now that Colon is out of the picture? Sooner or later they have to step up to the plate!

Iwritecode
12-09-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by DirtySouthsider
Is his price still too high now that Colon is out of the picture? Sooner or later they have to step up to the plate!

That's what the article said. Even with Colon out of the picture, they won't be pursuing any high-priced free agent pitchers.

We can only hope that Rauch/Cotts/Wright can step up this year...

Hullett_Fan
12-09-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
We can only hope that Rauch/Cotts/Wright can step up this year...

That's the most depressing thing I've heard this offseason. Unless we can sign Pettite or Maddux, one (preferably all 3) of those guys stepping up is our only hope.

Ponson is another Toad Richie waiting to happen. Sign Jose Lima or someone of the sort

Dick Allen
12-09-2003, 03:50 PM
ESPN also reported 6 other teams possibly interested, including the Yankees and Mets, always bad news.

DrCrawdad
12-09-2003, 03:55 PM
It will be interesting to hear what Sullivan signed for.

The Sox had better do make some good moves this off-season because so far at least they have not done one thing to the team to excite us fans.

thepaulbowski
12-09-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
It will be interesting to hear what Sullivan signed for.

The Sox had better do make some good moves this off-season because so far at least they have not done one thing to the team to excite us fans.

Raising my season ticket package price got me excited!!

StillMissOzzie
12-09-2003, 09:20 PM
And I have so much faith in ESPN's inside information. Did anybody else make note of the top 50 FA's and their predictions of where they'd end up? I did, and I'm tracking progress. Out of 16 that are either signed or not offered arbitration, ESPN is 5-11. Not too impressive...

SMO
:gulp:

duke of dorwood
12-09-2003, 09:35 PM
Replace Bartolo Colon with talk about Jeff Suppan- THAT is White Sox Baseball