View Full Version : So...what's next?
12-08-2003, 11:23 PM
Buerhle, Loaiza, Garland, and our pen just won't cut it.
12-08-2003, 11:39 PM
To save some money in the pen, they could always teach Marte to pitch right handed. That way, he could pitch every single day. I almost feel bad posting this...it could give Jerry ideas.
12-09-2003, 12:55 AM
Or are we doomed watching Dan Wright, Jon Rauch, Neal Cotts, and/or Schoenweiss rounding out our rotation?
12-09-2003, 01:07 AM
Well if Ordonez gets shipped to Anaheim, I'd think they would look for Washburn and prospects or something along those lines. Otherwise I don't see a chance that they would get Jarrod. And I highly doubt Anaheim is very interested in Magglio right now.
Frank the Tank
12-09-2003, 01:08 AM
I recommend two steps:
1. Start drinking heavily
2. Repeat Step one
Lip Man 1
12-09-2003, 01:09 AM
12-09-2003, 01:21 AM
A few things:
1. Push even harder to unload Konerko. If we can free up a few million for a 2-3 starter like (includes but not limited to) Perez, then make the deal ASAP. Pay part of Konerko's salary if you have to.
If no, then dump him as best you can. If you don't get talent in return, make sure we save at least 5mil.
2. Don't pay more than 8mil for any starting FA pitcher out there, none of them are worth it. Hopefully Ponson can be had for that price.
Otherwise, solidify the back end of the rotation.
3. Use savings on 1-2 to shore up bullpen.
4. Try to get a decent leadoff hitter. Anybody with a good OBP. I don't want to roll the dice on Harris again. This would help our offense immensly especially if CLee continues his strong play in the 2 spot.
5. The other holes - 2B, CF, possible pitching defects - will have to be addressed midseason.
Some would say this is a nightmare for the Sox... I call it a challenge. Yes, the budget is low and self imposed, but's it's our budget so let's deal with it and go win a friggin World Series.
IMhonestO, if the Sox can unload Konerko and get a creditable 1 pitcher for 8mil then this team can go places. That is a big IF of course.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.