PDA

View Full Version : Chi Hot Stove on ESPN 1000 Tues night

serena
12-08-2003, 10:12 PM
FYI -- ESPN radio (AM 1000 (http://www.espnradio1000.com/schedule.asp) ) will be having a baseball hot stove program tomorrow night, 7-9 pm central time.

JasonC23
12-09-2003, 01:04 PM
The way this offseason is going, I'm wondering if the White Sox stove is even on, let alone hot. :(:

bestkosher
12-09-2003, 01:09 PM
the oven is preheating, KW knows the ingredients he needs, not it is all up to him if he shops at Jewel or at Moo and Oink for the ingridents. I just hope he clipped his coupons.

mandmandm
12-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Aldi Foods all the way for this organization.

Jerko
12-09-2003, 01:14 PM
Or worse yet, Cub foods. (shudder)

bestkosher
12-09-2003, 01:14 PM
can we trust kenny to pack the eggs on the top not the bottom, and that he will remember to bring his own bags

Jjav829
12-09-2003, 01:16 PM
With the way this organization is run, I'm sure Kenny will be throwing cans on the ground to get them for half off.

Tekijawa
12-09-2003, 01:19 PM
Actually the Gas has been turned off, the Fridge is broke and we're looking to give away the food that we have before it spoils.

BeerHandle
12-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Actually the Gas has been turned off, the Fridge is broke and we're looking to give away the food that we have before it spoils.

Patience.....The winter MLB meetings haven't even begun. Complain after the meetings if the Sox don't make any moves! I'm starting to believe that the Sox fans have become some of the biggest complainers in all of sports!

Dick Allen
12-09-2003, 01:59 PM
Well, after 44 years without a World Series appearance, I'd say we have a right to complain.

poorme
12-09-2003, 09:57 PM
anyone hear this? I can't get AM 1000 being, 90 miles from downtown. I was getting some station out of Iowa City though.

Brian26
12-09-2003, 10:16 PM
Had it on for about 5 minutes. Bruce Levine discounted a rumor that Keith Foulke is being pursued by the Cubs. Rooney and Levine interviewed Josh Lewin about a new book he's writing.

Soxfest
12-09-2003, 10:27 PM
Sox want J.Suppan ........Big Deal. No KW or OG on program but T.Francona Boston manager was on program, no Sox people on flagship station makes you scratch your head. I wanted KW to come on and say we let all 6 FA go and we are better team for it.

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-09-2003, 10:31 PM
I listened to most of it in the car but I had to go in a store for about 20 min so I thought I missed the Ozzie part. I guess he was a no show???

duke of dorwood
12-09-2003, 10:32 PM
It was a better show without any of them. Suppan round 2.

:chunks

jeremyb1
12-09-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Soxfest
Sox want J.Suppan ........Big Deal. No KW or OG on program but T.Francona Boston manager was on program, no Sox people on flagship station makes you scratch your head. I wanted KW to come on and say we let all 6 FA go and we are better team for it.

Its not an issue of us being better for letting them go, its an issue of not really having another option. Look at the free agents we let go and how much we would've ended up paying them if we'd resigned them:

Colon - 12 million
Alomar - 3 million
Everett - 7 million
Gordon - 3.5 million
Graff - 1 million
Sullivan - 2.5 million

That's 24 million dollars for a club that's supposedly about three million under budget right now. I don't see where that extra 21 million dollars comes from.

santo=dorf
12-10-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
Its not an issue of us being better for letting them go, its an issue of not really having another option. Look at the free agents we let go and how much we would've ended up paying them if we'd resigned them:

Colon - 12 million
Alomar - 3 million
Everett - 7 million
Gordon - 3.5 million
Graff - 1 million
Sullivan - 2.5 million

That's 24 million dollars for a club that's supposedly about three million under budget right now. I don't see where that extra 21 million dollars comes from.

WOW! A whole 1 mil for Graf! I thought he was Jerry's favorite player. GOD I am glad Jerry isn't buying me Christmas presents this year. He's Jewish anyways right?

Lip Man 1
12-10-2003, 01:40 AM
I wouldn't have expected Williams to appear at least not right now. What does he have to gain?

He'd be forced to explain how the Sox, who by his own words, wanted to re-sign at least some of their guys, signed no one.

There's nothing positive right now. I'd expect he'd wait until after making some moves before speaking publicly about the off season in total to that point.

Lip

lowesox
12-10-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Soxfest
Sox want J.Suppan ........

Yuck. When has this guy ever been good? This is the kind of insulting signing the Sox are famous for. I can see it now, an article in the trib a few days later about how Suppan is a stud and how he's on the verge of getting it together.

I'd rather rebuild.

jeremyb1
12-10-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
WOW! A whole 1 mil for Graf! I thought he was Jerry's favorite player. GOD I am glad Jerry isn't buying me Christmas presents this year. He's Jewish anyways right?

I think that's about how much he will make. However, from the sound of it we would've had to pay him an astronomical sum to keep him. He told KW, he wanted to seek more playing time with another club and therefore wasn't interested in resigning. I don't see how that's the organization's fault.

Realist
12-10-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
It was a better show without any of them. Suppan round 2.

:chunks

This thread was making me hungry until this picture.

"Clean up in aisle 5!!"

santo=dorf
12-10-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
I think that's about how much he will make. However, from the sound of it we would've had to pay him an astronomical sum to keep him. He told KW, he wanted to seek more playing time with another club and therefore wasn't interested in resigning. I don't see how that's the organization's fault.

So why couldn't we have just signed him, give him more playing time and not trade for Uribe?

flo-B-flo
12-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Patience..... I'm starting to believe that the Sox fans have become some of the biggest complainers in all of sports! So!! And your point is:D:

munchman33
12-08-2004, 10:48 PM
I There's nothing positive right now.
Lip, if you had a theme song, I think that's how the chorus would go. :smile:

Tragg
12-08-2004, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=Soxfest]Sox want J.Suppan ........[QUOTE]

Now that's exciting

Jjav829
12-08-2004, 11:44 PM
What was the point of bringing back a thread from a year ago? :dunno:

SomebodyToldMe