PDA

View Full Version : Sox Savings?

nodiggity59
12-08-2003, 07:36 PM
With all the players we've lost in the last few days I was wondering how much payroll we've shed.

Gordon - 1.4mil
Sullivan
Alomar - .25mil
Everett
Graf - .635mil
Colon*(probably) - 8.25mil

I believe the Alomar and Everett savings are slim to none; did we pay even a little of their contracts?

How much of Sully's deal did we pick up?

Graf's salary was porbably replaced by Uribe's.

Losing Colon would save us around 8mil. Gordon?

Does anybody have reliable info to fill in these gaps? If we saved around 10mil on the above guys and dumped one of our big contracts I think we'd be in good shape.

I'll update this as necesary.

Daver
12-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by nodiggity59
With all the players we've lost in the last few days I was wondering how much payroll we've shed.

Gordon
Sullivan
Alomar
Everett
Graf
Colon*(probably)

I believe the Alomar and Everett savings are slim to none; did we pay even a little of their contracts?

How much of Sully's deal did we pick up?

Graf's salary was porbably replaced by Uribe's.

Losing Colon would save us around 8mil. Gordon?

Does anybody have reliable info to fill in these gaps? If we saved around 10mil on the above guys and dumped one of our big contracts I think we'd be in good shape.

I'll update this as necesary.

Gordon made 1.4 mil last season,Graf made .675 mil,Colon made 8.25 mil,and the Sox paid .25 mil of Alomars contract.

nodiggity59
12-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Gordon made 1.4 mil last season,Graf made .675 mil,Colon made 8.25 mil,and the Sox paid .25 mil of Alomars contract.

Thats 10mil more right there.

Jerry_Manuel
12-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by nodiggity59
Thats 10mil more right there.

Yep, but Magglio goes up to 14 million, he made 8 or 9 last year. Buehrle and Lee are going to get raises as well.

Daver
12-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Yep, but Magglio goes up to 14 million, he made 8 or 9 last year. Buehrle and Lee are going to get raises as well.

Don't be surprised if Buehrle ends up pitching for close to what he took a paycut to pitch for last season,his numbers will not look real good to an arbitor.

CubKilla
12-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

So JR will be lucky to have $1 or $2 of that $10 million. Think JR will let KW have the $12 million in deferred money that he was willing to offer Colon?