PDA

View Full Version : David Wells

Jjav829
12-08-2003, 02:42 PM
Good news. Wells is supposedly close to signing a one year deal with the Yankees. If he signs, and Pettitte signs as well that leaves the Yankees with Mussina, Vazquez, Pettitte, Wells, and Contreras so they might just be out of the Colon race. We just have to hope Andy doesn't listen to his wife.

Link (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/143843p-127306c.html)

Frater Perdurabo
12-08-2003, 03:55 PM
Anything that increases the odds of Colon staying for a fair (non-overpaying) contract deserves to be celebrated with an appearance by:

:bandance:

Lip Man 1
12-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Two points...

1. The AP quotes both Anaheim and Sox officials as saying Colon is close to signing that 4 year 48 million dollar deal with the Angels.

2. It shows you how high a priority the Yankees place on winning where they are willing to put up with a character like Wells as long as he contributes to winning on the field. (I read that Steinbrenner was furious with him for his comments in his book...)

When Colon goes the Sox will have lost 6 out of their 8 free agents, keeping only Sandy Alomar and valentin.

Kenny has some big shoes to fill to put together a team that can even snif 86 wins in 2004.

Lip

Jjav829
12-08-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Two points...

1. The AP quotes both Anaheim and Sox officials as saying Colon is close to signing that 4 year 48 million dollar deal with the Angels.

2. It shows you how high a priority the Yankees place on winning where they are willing to put up with a character like Wells as long as he contributes to winning on the field. (I read that Steinbrenner was furious with him for his comments in his book...)

When Colon goes the Sox will have lost 6 out of their 8 free agents, keeping only Sandy Alomar and valentin.

Kenny has some big shoes to fill to put together a team that can even snif 86 wins in 2004.

Lip

Yeah, well I posted this a few hours before the news about Colon being close to a deal with the Angels broke. Hell, I hope Pettitte goes to the Astros now. :(:

duke of dorwood
12-08-2003, 09:10 PM
They kept the 2 no one wanted-ha