PDA

View Full Version : Twins resign Shannon Stewart

Jjav829
12-07-2003, 11:37 PM
Damn. 3 years $18 million for him is the report. They also offered Guardado arbitration.

Link (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6903645)

Brian26
12-08-2003, 08:18 AM
Of course they signed Stewart. It's the reason they had to let Milton and AJ go. I expect them to open the vault for Everyday too.

Tekijawa
12-08-2003, 05:07 PM
OK with the Signing of Stewart and the Twins still looking for a closer is there any way we might be able to get Johan Santana from the Twins? I know he is up for Arbitration this year and if Guardado get's expensive???? Then they have already said that they might have ot deal him! I'd love that Guy on our squad and I think he could EASILY be a front of the rotation guy some day... any thoughts?

Randar68
12-08-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
OK with the Signing of Stewart and the Twins still looking for a closer is there any way we might be able to get Johan Santana from the Twins? I know he is up for Arbitration this year and if Guardado get's expensive???? Then they have already said that they might have ot deal him! I'd love that Guy on our squad and I think he could EASILY be a front of the rotation guy some day... any thoughts?

Lay down the kool-aid. The Twins aren't going to deal anyone to aanother team in their division, let alone anyone with high-ceiling potential.

Frater Perdurabo
12-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Just remember that as bad as it may be for we us Sox fans, this offseason always could be worse, we could be Royals, Indians, Tigers or Twins fans.

(Then again each of those teams has been to, and three have won, the Series in the last 20 years! Ouch!)

duke of dorwood
12-08-2003, 08:17 PM
:KW

Drats-this counters my Uribe move

CubKilla
12-08-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Lay down the kool-aid. The Twins aren't going to deal anyone to aanother team in their division, let alone anyone with high-ceiling potential.

Exactly. If the Twins are serious about contending every season, there is no way they allow a Santana-type to go to Chicago, KC, DET, or CLE.