PDA

View Full Version : Kaz to sign with Mets

duke of dorwood
12-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Chris Berman says that Gammons has informed them the signing is imminent

ChiWhiteSox1337
12-07-2003, 10:42 PM
it's going to be announced in japan at 1:30 am est. 3 years @ $6.7 million each year

whitesoxwilkes
12-07-2003, 10:56 PM
I thought Boomer said 6.7 MM total. If that's the case, he's damn near a bargain.

MHOUSE
12-07-2003, 11:03 PM
I read on ESPN.com that it's 3 years for $6.7 million overall. They're supposed to announce it tomorrow afternoon (U.S.) I don't know about in Japan. A little over 2 million a year sounds like an amazing bargain considering we're paying Jose Valentin 5 MILLION!

CubKilla
12-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
I read on ESPN.com that it's 3 years for $6.7 million overall. They're supposed to announce it tomorrow afternoon (U.S.) I don't know about in Japan. A little over 2 million a year sounds like an amazing bargain considering we're paying Jose Valentin 5 MILLION!

I'm curious as to whether or not KW asked JV to accept a paycut before offering $5 million like JV said he'd be willing to take to keep the nucleus of the '03 squad intact.

The fact that we could have realistically had Kaz for 3 years for only $1.7 million more than the $5 million JV is owed for 1 year makes me sick.

This Organization doesn't have Clue 1.

nodiggity59
12-07-2003, 11:37 PM
Okay Kaz is NOT getting 6.7mil for three years, that's the biggest bunch of crap Ive ever heard. He's getting 6.7 per year for 3 years. Whoever said otherwise was dead wrong.

Stop bashing the Sox and realize Valentin was our best option this year. Im not happy about that either but deal with it or at least stop posting hate speech particularly when you're wrong, please.

CubKilla
12-07-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by nodiggity59
Stop bashing the Sox and realize Valentin was our best option this year. Im not happy about that either but deal with it or at least stop posting hate speech particularly when you're wrong, please.

As long as I'm buying tickets and drinking JR's beer, I'll bash whoever I feel like bashing.

And JV better have a comparable year defensively and hit .040 points higher at least in '04 to be anywhere close to the $5 million wasted on him..... whoever he ends up playing for.