PDA

View Full Version : "There is not a major overhaul needed"


cornball
12-07-2003, 09:50 AM
Those are the words of Kenny. We just need to replace what we are losing on the FA market ...is what he says. You all know what we are losing or have lost.



http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox07.html




The good news is apparently activity will be happening soon, maybe before Friday.

doublem23
12-07-2003, 12:02 PM
So we're going to have a team full of slow sluggers to play for a National League-style manager?

This should get interesting. :gulp:

:ozzie:
Frank! I know we're down by 2 and the winning run is on first base, but I want you to lay that bunt down! Small ball, baby! Small ball! Joe Crede! Steal home! Carlos! Suicide squeeze! Can I make a double switch? Bartolo, why don't you go bat for Maggs?

MisterB
12-07-2003, 01:23 PM
:sahaf
"There is no overhaul needed. We simply must replace the players we have lost without spending any money or trading anyone. We believe this can be done."

jordan23ventura
12-07-2003, 02:51 PM
If its me, everyone besides Loaiza, Cotts, Olivo, Marte, Crede, Thomas, Lee and Olivo are on the trading block. This team needs to be re-worked from the ground up. A winning team CAN be put together on this budget but we have to stay away from big name players. If I'm KW I'm on the phone w/ Seattle right now trying to get Carlos Guillen and Freddy Garcia. Guillen can become awesome, and I think Freddy struggled because he wasn't in the right mindset all year. Without all that media-bashing and all those trade rumors I think he could become an ace again.

CubKilla
12-07-2003, 04:04 PM
Glad to see KW's not worried about losing Gordon and possibly Colon, Sullivan, Wunsch, Everett, Alomar, Konerko, C Lee, and Maggs to name a few.

Sad part is, with JR and his salary restrictions, a "major overhaul" might be needed. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if KW couldn't see that this might be the case.

Soxfest
12-07-2003, 04:13 PM
KW is such a jag. :angry:

Frank the Tank
12-07-2003, 05:58 PM
There is not a major overhaul needed? All we have to do is fill some holes: 2B, CF, SP, Relief Pitcher....all under $10 MM. No prolem :(:

duke of dorwood
12-07-2003, 06:21 PM
:KW

You guys forget, some holes were filled when the Twins lost Hawkins, Painintheassinski, and Milton. I'm busier that you think

chisox06
12-07-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
So we're going to have a team full of slow sluggers to play for a National League-style manager?

This should get interesting. :gulp:

:ozzie:
Frank! I know we're down by 2 and the winning run is on first base, but I want you to lay that bunt down! Small ball, baby! Small ball! Joe Crede! Steal home! Carlos! Suicide squeeze! Can I make a double switch? Bartolo, why don't you go bat for Maggs?

Man Im gettin sick of this, the guy hasnt managed one major league game yet, not one.

MarqSox
12-07-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
Man Im gettin sick of this, the guy hasnt managed one major league game yet, not one.
Hey, it's never too early for the sky to start falling.

Frank the Tank
12-07-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
So we're going to have a team full of slow sluggers to play for a National League-style manager?

This should get interesting. :gulp:

:ozzie:
Frank! I know we're down by 2 and the winning run is on first base, but I want you to lay that bunt down! Small ball, baby! Small ball! Joe Crede! Steal home! Carlos! Suicide squeeze! Can I make a double switch? Bartolo, why don't you go bat for Maggs?

What makes you think Ozzie will be "a national league-styled manager?" Sure he coached a few years in the NL, but don't forget he played 14 of his 16 seasons in the American League. Ozzie will be fine. Now to get off the subject just a little bit. There are only three things I want out of Ozzie as a manager:

1. Bring some fire/spunk to the clubhouse
2. Manage the line-up well
3. Be a loud mouth and get kicked out of games every now and then and to get on sportscenter. We need a "coaching personality"

doublem23
12-08-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank

1. Bring some fire/spunk to the clubhouse
2. Manage the line-up well
3. Be a loud mouth and get kicked out of games every now and then and to get on sportscenter. We need a "coaching personality"

Notice how there is no "manage a pitching staff" effectively on that list. That's something he's going to need to do.

jabrch
12-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by jordan23ventura
and I think Freddy struggled because he wasn't in the right mindset all year.

Freddy struggled because, his teammates say, he is a drunk. Dibble says he drinks on nights before his starts and that he often comes to the clubhouse DRUNK.

If Freddy Garcia can fix this little problem, I am all for giving him a shot. They say it is easier to be a professional athlete when you are sober.

CubKilla
12-08-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Notice how there is no "manage a pitching staff" effectively on that list. That's something he's going to need to do.

JM never figured it out..... and this Organization let him reign for 6 seasons.

Baby Fisk
12-08-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
Man Im gettin sick of this, the guy hasnt managed one major league game yet, not one.
I don't think anyone is seriously trashing Ozzie just yet. Haven't seen any FIRE OZZIE GUILLEN tags made available, nor should there be. Everyone goes snakey during the off-season; nothing wrong with letting off a little steam.

:ozzie:
"You got that right Fisk brother! I love you man! Remember the time I smashed the ******* **** out of that ****** TV when they traded Roberto and Wilson?! **** I was pissed! Just letting off a little steam man!"

SoxOnTop
12-08-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
:sahaf
"There is no overhaul needed. We simply must replace the players we have lost without spending any money or trading anyone. We believe this can be done."

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Bar none the BEST post I've seen in weeks!!!!!! :gulp: