PDA

View Full Version : I've got a couple of other questions..

JC456
12-06-2003, 02:32 AM
Why would a top talent player want to come to the Sox when the seats aren't filled? I hear players all the time saying how they want to play for the Cubs, but I never hear them say they want to play for the Sox.

This guy Lee for the Cubs just won a World Series ring, but wanted to play for the Cubs. Same with Troy Hawkins. So, do you suppose because they know the seats will be filled it is more stimulating to play in front of a packed house?

RedPinStripes
12-06-2003, 02:40 AM
You Sox fans should be ashamed of yourselves!!!!!!!!!!
You should all be just as annoying as the guy who started this thread. Why? Because he's proud that he went to a few games last year and wants you to feel like complete dog**** if you cant attend 40 games a year.

Dude shut the **** up about empty seats if players want to get booed.

idseer
12-06-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by JC456
Why would a top talent player want to come to the Sox when the seats aren't filled? I hear players all the time saying how they want to play for the Cubs, but I never hear them say they want to play for the Sox.

This guy Lee for the Cubs just won a World Series ring, but wanted to play for the Cubs. Same with Troy Hawkins. So, do you suppose because they know the seats will be filled it is more stimulating to play in front of a packed house?

why don't you drop the pretense and admit you're working in the organization? you're obviously an investor. a pitchman!

Frank the Tank
12-06-2003, 03:05 AM

Why would a top player want to come to the Sox when the seats aren't filled? Are you kidding me? MONEY!!!. I bet that 99.99% of professional athletes would play in a garbage dump if the price was right. I'm sure filled seats create a more stimulating playing environment, but money is still the main motivator in the FA market. Players like to say they want to play for the team for public relations reasons. For example:
Bortolo Colon, Frank Thomas, Robbie Alomar, etc.... all claim that they love playing for the WSox. Do you mean to tell me they wouldn't be willing to relocate for more money? Derek Lee and Latroy Hawking might say they always dreamed of playing for the Cubs, but if they are traded tomorrow to the Twins, they'll say how much they love Minnesota.

JC456
12-06-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
Why would a top player want to come to the Sox when the seats aren't filled? Are you kidding me? MONEY!!!. I bet that 99.99% of professional athletes would play in a garbage dump if the price was right. I'm sure filled seats create a more stimulating playing environment, but money is still the main motivator in the FA market. Players like to say they want to play for the team for public relations reasons. For example:
Bortolo Colon, Frank Thomas, Robbie Alomar, etc.... all claim that they love playing for the WSox. Do you mean to tell me they wouldn't be willing to relocate for more money? Derek Lee and Latroy Hawking might say they always dreamed of playing for the Cubs, but if they are traded tomorrow to the Twins, they'll say how much they love Minnesota.

And where is the money going to come from if nobody goes to the stadium?

RedPinStripes
12-06-2003, 03:16 AM
:reinsy
Rob, I told you to go to wsi and ask nicely. Now look what you've done.

:gallas
I tried Uncle Jerry, but they're saying those mean things again.

That's because you have to sell, not give corny lines and shove it down thier throat ya dip ****.

:gallas
But that RPS guy isnt a Sox fan!!!!!!!

Yes he is Robby. I have security follow him out of the park since he stops to write his name in urine on the hood of my car after every game. One of these days I'll teach you how to represent the team without pissing people off.

idseer
12-06-2003, 03:19 AM

you keep making this same ignorant remark. have you ever seen NOBODY go to a game?

if nobody went to games then there'd BE no games. then we wouldn't have this website. then we wouldn't have to listen to a halfwit trying to tell other people how to be fans!

Frank the Tank
12-06-2003, 03:22 AM

What point are you trying to make? If the fans fill USCF, we will sign "big-time" players because:

1. The seats are full and baseball players like to play in full ballparks

or

2. A full ballpark will allow managment to pay more for them

JC456
12-06-2003, 03:23 AM
What point are you trying to make? If the fans fill USCF, we will sign "big-time" players because:

1. The seats are full and baseball players like to play in full ballparks

or

2. A full ballpark will allow managment to pay more for them

Are you really that niave?

TornLabrum
12-06-2003, 09:40 AM

Interesting math: 1,939,524 = 0

Here's a clue. The Sox don't tank in April through June, and the fans come out earlier in the season. Then they draw well over 2 million.

:jerry

"Why are you looking at me?"

michned
12-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Why would a top player want to come to the Sox when the seats aren't filled? Are you kidding me? MONEY!!!...

And not just the amount of money, but DEFERRED money. Players absolutely hate this, to the point where word gets out, and most players don't want to play on the South Side because of all the shennanigans Uncle Jerry tries to perform with contracts.

Remember in the 90s, when Jerry's big creative contract manipulation was having the player agree to waive their arbitration eligibility (or something like that)? Same thing. Word spreads amongst the players if an organization is poison, just like in the NBA with the Bulls after Uncle Jerry (and the other Uncle Jerry) dismantled the team.

CubKilla
12-06-2003, 02:00 PM
Why do some Sox fans feel it necessary to get up on their soap-box and thump their chest to a group of diehards that probably go to anywhere between 5-15 games a season, season ticket holders not included, on a WHITE SOX MESSAGEBOARD?

You're preaching to the choir here dude. We go to Sox games so your diatribe just falls on deaf ears.