PDA

View Full Version : Question..

JC456
12-06-2003, 12:59 AM
Would a player rather be booed, or play in front of empty seats?

soxnut
12-06-2003, 01:01 AM
Booed of course. At least they know that someone is paying attention. And then the player can try to prove they're worth cheering for. :D:

Daver
12-06-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by JC456

They get payed regardless,at what point do you think they care?

RedPinStripes
12-06-2003, 01:03 AM
I pay thier salary. I dont give a **** what they think when i need to show emotion.

soxnut
12-06-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Daver
They get payed regardless,at what point do you think they care?

What, are they all just money motivated robots? :?:

RedPinStripes
12-06-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by soxnut

Look at the average paycheck in mlb after 6 years. You tell me.

Daver
12-06-2003, 01:07 AM

At what point do you think they care?

Is it when they are playing for a team like the Tigers,and know they have no chance,or playing for a team that might have a chance?

That is the real question,as I see it.

JC456
12-06-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I pay thier salary. I dont give a **** what they think when i need to show emotion.

Correction: you contribute to their salary. JR pays them.

Do you think they see someone in the stands and say, well I better perform today or that guy won't pay me? Or do they look up in the stadium and see thousands and say, ****, I hope I perform well tonight? I say they see the thousands and want to perform for everyone.

soxnut
12-06-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Daver
At what point do you think they care?

Is it when they are playing for a team like the Tigers,and know they have no chance,or playing for a team that might have a chance?

That is the real question,as I see it.

They are still human beings, and they are performers. Basically every performer needs an audience. Don't tell me they don't play better in front of a packed house as opposed to a near empty one. Also, look at post-season baseball, where the play is usually better. Is that money motivated? They get a ring and a winners check which isn't even close to their regular salary........big deal.

RedPinStripes
12-06-2003, 01:25 AM
Correction: you contribute to their salary. JR pays them.

Do you think they see someone in the stands and say, well I better perform today or that guy won't pay me? Or do they look up in the stadium and see thousands and say, ****, I hope I perform well tonight? I say they see the thousands and want to perform for everyone.

Congradulations. You're very good at taking every phrase literally.

soxnut
12-06-2003, 01:27 AM
Look at the average paycheck in mlb after 6 years. You tell me.

So ,just because they make money, they don't care? I don't think so......

RedPinStripes
12-06-2003, 01:29 AM
So ,just because they make money, they don't care? I don't think so......

Not saying they dont care, but they might care a little more if those contracts werent guarenteed and they didnt have 10 mill in the bank.

soxnut
12-06-2003, 01:31 AM
Not saying they dont care, but they might care a little more if those contracts werent guarenteed and they didnt have 10 mill in the bank.

Ok, I can see your point about that.... :D:

JC456
12-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Congradulations. You're very good at taking every phrase literally.

No, I just don't like that people think they own the team. Niether you or I own this team. It is a past time for our play time, and yes we want every game to be to our liking always. It just isn't that way every game. Sometimes the guys in the other dugout play to win as well and our team gets beat.

jordan23ventura
12-06-2003, 01:36 AM
How about this explanation? The fans are booing because promises from the organization have not been fulfilled. They are booing the players as a way to boo the organization as a whole. On the reverse, the players are upset by the booing because they are upset, again, with the performance of the organization. If the team were winning, fans wouldn't be booing so much and the players wouldn't care about the occaisional jeer because they are too busy winning.

Two constants exist in Chicago on the South Side: 1. Fans are angered by the way things are run and contemplate boycotts. 2. Proven players are upset with the way things are run and refuse to return, issuing their own personal boycotts.

Can't we all just get along??

RedPinStripes
12-06-2003, 01:36 AM
No, I just don't like that people think they own the team. Niether you or I own this team. It is a past time for our play time, and yes we want every game to be to our liking always. It just isn't that way every game. Sometimes the guys in the other dugout play to win as well and our team gets beat.

:bundy

JC456
12-06-2003, 01:40 AM
:bundy :chimp

RedPinStripes
12-06-2003, 01:42 AM
:chimp

:crossdresser

JC456
12-06-2003, 02:11 AM
:crossdresser :andy

idseer
12-06-2003, 02:22 AM

here's an even more important question:

would a player rather run into a wall and be out for 6 games, or just be benched for 6 straight games by the coach who doesn't think a lot of him?

RedPinStripes
12-06-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by idseer

would a player rather run into a wall and be out for 6 games, or just be benched for 6 straight games by the coach who doesn't think a lot of him?

LMAO!

JC456
12-06-2003, 02:24 AM

I think a player would rather make the out then sit the bench. If that means running into a wall so be it. I think it was a McRae who actually ran through the wall in the Minors. If a player wants to be benched, then they don't need to be on the team.

CubKilla
12-06-2003, 02:07 PM
What is your obsession with empty seats and/or booing? This is something like your third post dealing with the subject.

Thunderstruck30
12-07-2003, 01:08 AM

Like Aaron Rowand?

jordan23ventura
12-07-2003, 01:41 AM
Which would you rather see? Aaron Rowand on a dirtbike or Billy Koch on the mound?

Frank the Tank
12-07-2003, 02:47 AM
Okay,

Who would win in a fight, Mike Ditka or a Hurricane?

voodoochile
12-07-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
Okay,

Ditka would hit the storm in the eye with a wad of gum and then it would take seven years to settle in the courts...

RedPinStripes
12-07-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30

Like Aaron Rowand?

Originally posted by jordan23ventura
Which would you rather see? Aaron Rowand on a dirtbike or Billy Koch on the mound?

Originally posted by Frank the Tank
Okay,

Originally posted by voodoochile

Ditka would hit the storm in the eye with a wad of gum and then it would take seven years to settle in the courts...

*****!

WinningUgly!
12-07-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

What if the hurricane was named Hurricane Ditka?